fr0z3n

Emby for Kodi - playback problems in add on mode

fr0z3n
Posted (edited)

Hi, 

Since the other thread was locked due to inactivity I assume Im going to repost this issue again since I am still experiencing it. 

On my android box, when emby for kodi is configured in addon mode, playback sometimes does not work. Exact details in the op here ( I am getting the exact same problem) 

The only thing I can add, is that when the addon is in native/direct mode (ie not addon mode) the issue does not happen. 

This leads me to agree and conclude with TeamB that It's something to do with the Web server that addon mode relies on, not starting consistently or otherwise being faulty, as opined here:

Just wondering if this could be looked into as a bug in emby for kodi. 

As mentioned, I don't get the issue in native mode. I also don't get the issue with Embycon. But I'm really keen on Emby for Kodi due to its speed being internal db. And I can't use native mode as I need transcoding and external access to the emby libraries. 

Thanks

Edited by fr0z3n

Luke

Hi there, can you please attach a Kodi log from when this happened as well as the emby server log? Thanks.

fr0z3n
Posted (edited)

Hi Luke 

Same issue as OP in linked post below. He/she posted both logs so can I refer you to them? I have the exact same thing in my log with the same experience. There is much discussion on that thread with evidence, logs and discussion. 

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/78113-playback-fails-frequently-with-emby-for-kodi/

There is also discussion on this post which I started last year but was closed after some time. I also sent multiple logs to you and Angel last year in PM's following discussion on this thread:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/77587-playback-failed-one-or-more-items-failed-to-play-occurs-randomly-and-inconsistently/

I'm happy to keep producing logs, posting and PM'ing but its sort of feeling like a dead end

I don't know if a dev can fix the problem but if the problem could at least be noted as a bug and put in some bug backlog so when a developer can be assigned to look at it the affected users can assist in testing and troubleshooting. 

It's been happening since Leia and it's *most likely* something to do with the Web server not working properly in addon mode since the issue does not occur in native mode. 

Thanks as always appreciate your support

Edited by fr0z3n

Luke

Do you have any other kodi addons installed?