Synology DS720+ - Package not showing up

PeterV

PeterV

I tried to install Emby via the Synology Package Center by following this guide. However, the package is not showing up. I haven't done that much research, but I suspect this is a new architecture which is not supported yet?

CPU:			Intel Celeron J4125
Package Architecture:	Geminilake

PeterV

Hi [mention]solabc16 [/mention] , Thanks! Looking forward to it
Best, Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
CC330

Any update on this?

I have the exact same problem, a fix will be much appreciated! 

Changed from a DS218+ to a DS720+ the Synology migration went amazingly well which was a huge surprise after reading their documentation. Literally every single custom setting/package replicated over except Emby. I uninstalled it thinking that would fix it before seeing this thread...I made a backup of the 'EmbyServer' dir just in case so hopefully this can be copied back once the architecture is supported and it should retain all my settings and library?

Just a quick one in case it helps anyone out in the same boat... The Docker containers for Emby seem to work fine as a temporary work around.

I need to work out how to put my main config into it though as I can't seem to stream anything when using it but all my history/current play states show up fine.

It only works with a fresh instance and adding the libraries manually. Possibly some sort of conflict with the mounted folders used for the media. 

EDIT: Figured it out, it was a combination of the mount paths and sorting the ports to map correctly with my original Synology Emby package configuration. I might even keep it set up like this as I hear it's better to keep apps and stuff isolated from DSM for various reasons.

Kodi/Emby forever. Don't ever stop all this amazing work guys 😁👍

Edited by CC330
Success

ahbi_santini

Status?

I bought the 720+ as the 2415+ wasn't handling 1080p trans-coding well enough.  Very surprised and disappointed, but thanks for the support and getting this out ASAP.

CC330:  How does the hardware acceleration work with Docker?

Edited by ahbi_santini

IliaPatr

Thanks for your quick reply. That’s what I understood from your previous posts.

I just paid the premium subscription and would like to know if I should wait a couple of days and it will be fixed or it will take months and then I should ask for refund and go back to Plex.