Bye, bye Plex!! Long live to Emby!

Fernando C

Fernando C

I have been using Plex for months. But besides being a nice looking product it's truly unstable.  And their library system sharing is a mess.
I a little bit of confusion about configuring Emby. Setting users were not so intuitive. But everything works fine.
The only thing that I miss is a graph network usage that Plex has.
Congrats to all the team!

BAlGaInTl
On 6/28/2020 at 11:16 AM, Fernando C said:

I have been using Plex for months. But besides being a nice looking product it's truly unstable.  And their library system sharing is a mess.
I a little bit of confusion about configuring Emby. Setting users were not so intuitive. But everything works fine.
The only thing that I miss is a graph network usage that Plex has.
Congrats to all the team!

Welcome to Emby.

I left Plex a while ago, but what does that graph look like?

Emby has a statistics plugin that works quite nicely.  I can get real network usage from my USG (Ubiquiti Router) and Cloudflare.

That could be an interesting addition to the dashboard, or maybe it could be added to the current statistics plugin.

Painkiller8818
34 minutes ago, BAlGaInTl said:

Welcome to Emby.

I left Plex a while ago, but what does that graph look like?

Emby has a statistics plugin that works quite nicely.  I can get real network usage from my USG (Ubiquiti Router) and Cloudflare.

That could be an interesting addition to the dashboard, or maybe it could be added to the current statistics plugin.

I know the Graph he means. This is the Plex realtime graph right in the plex dashboard

graph.jpg

BAlGaInTl
30 minutes ago, Painkiller8818 said:

I know the Graph he means. This is the Plex realtime graph right in the plex dashboard

graph.jpg

Ah, that is nice.

I wonder if bandwidth could be added to the Playback Reporting plugin?

Edited by BAlGaInTl

TeamB
5 hours ago, BAlGaInTl said:

wonder if bandwidth could be added to the Playback Reporting plugin?

An estimation could be, the plugin knows what is playing and from that it knows what the bitrate that emby is reporting for each stream so the plugin could just keep a record of that. It would not be the true instant bitrate, it would be what emby is reporting for each stream.

The alternative is finding a way of being able to query a systems network bitrate using .net across all system types.

BAlGaInTl
14 hours ago, TeamB said:

An estimation could be, the plugin knows what is playing and from that it knows what the bitrate that emby is reporting for each stream so the plugin could just keep a record of that. It would not be the true instant bitrate, it would be what emby is reporting for each stream.

The alternative is finding a way of being able to query a systems network bitrate using .net across all system types.

Yeah... that's what I was thinking.  An estimation based on what was playing remote and local.

I actually wouldn't mind having this at all now that I see it.  It could help in troubleshooting for those that don't have more advanced tools.

• 2 weeks later...
Fernando C
On 6/29/2020 at 12:13 PM, Painkiller8818 said:

graph.jpg

Yep this one! That's the only thing I miss!

Emby rocks!!

You can do this and a lot more on Linux or Windows computers quite easily outside of Plex or Emby.

• 4 months later...
plittlefield

Yes, I use Grafana for work but at home I have my Linux based Emby server spit out the number of 'NowPlaying' sessions to an InfluxDB and I graph that in Grafana.