Drag to another monitor, then videos are black

TheShanMan

TheShanMan

If Theater is open on one monitor, then I drag it to another monitor and try to play a video, I get audio but just a black screen (but audio plays fine). I have to restart Theater, and then videos will play properly on that monitor. Not the end of the world but it's a bit of a pain. Any configuration changes I can make to solve this? Or anything I can do to troubleshoot it? Is it a bug in Theater? Or just a limitation of electron?

If it makes any difference, I'm running 3.0.6 due to the overlay issue, on Windows 7. On another computer I'm running 3.0.11 on Windows 10 and I don't see this problem. Not sure if the version difference is the issue, or if it's a configuration difference, OS difference, or what.

Edited by TheShanMan

Hi, for the older version, it's hard to say. Glad to hear it's not an issue with the newer version. Thanks for the feedback.

TheShanMan
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, for the older version, it's hard to say. Glad to hear it's not an issue with the newer version. Thanks for the feedback.

So you suspect the problem is resolved in the latest version then? As I recall, there's a workaround fix for the overlay bug in versions newer than 3.0.6. Is that what you think is the best thing to try then?

2 minutes ago, TheShanMan said:

So you suspect the problem is resolved in the latest version then? As I recall, there's a workaround fix for the overlay bug in versions newer than 3.0.6. Is that what you think is the best thing to try then?

As a temporary measure, yes.

• Like 1

TheShanMan

I upgraded to 3.0.11 and this problem went away. I then applied the main.js mod and the problem returned. Anything else I can do to resolve it? Or do I need to choose between a working overlay and being able to drag to another window?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheShanMan said:

I upgraded to 3.0.11 and this problem went away. I then applied the main.js mod and the problem returned. Anything else I can do to resolve it? Or do I need to choose between a working overlay and being able to drag to another window?

In the short term, for now, unfortunately yes it looks like.