NFO and JPGs for VIDEO_TS stored in parent's parent folder and overwrite each other

BennTech
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

BennTech

I have my movies in separate folders. Some are still VIDEO_TS because they do not convert well (e.g., End of the Century, which is a mix of various video formats). My directory structure is: "/Movies/<MovieName> (<Year>)/VIDEO_TS". I also keep the movie's NFO and JPGs in "/Movies/<MovieName> (<Year>)/".

Unfortunately, a recent Emby change (maybe April/May 2020?) is now putting the NFO and JPGs in /Movies/. All my VIDEO_TS movies now have the same poster and artwork because they're all pointing to the same /Movie/poster-jpg, /Movie/fanart.jpg, etc..

Is this a bug? Or is this a new "feature" by design? Regardless, is there a way to get Emby to store these files in the individual movie folders again? I've tried manually moving the NFO and JPGs, but Emby ignores them and recreates everything in /Movies/ again.

Help!

Edited by BennTech
Corrected my naming scheme to year in parenthesis.

BennTech

Currently Emby Server 4.4.3.0 running as docker on Unraid server 6.8.3 (Slackware).

I've been digging around some more and discovered that only the ones that I grouped with folders named "/Movies/<GroupName> <Year> - <MovieName>/VIDEO_TS". Others using my normal naming scheme of "/Movies/<MovieName> (<Year>)/" do not seem affected. Maybe since they share a common beginning name, Emby is initially processing these VIDEO_TS formats as multi-disc parts of the same movie? That would explain why it puts the NFOs in the parent folder. However, in the final movie list, they're all separate and correctly named their corresponding <MovieName>, so maybe not.

I have backups that could potentially indicate the date that the NFOs first moved, but the backups are from my previous server. It will take a couple of days to get a system setup and retrieve the info.

• Solution

Ok I believe this is resolved already but titles that have been impacted may continue to still be impacted. As a test, can you try moving one out of your library, then running a full scan to clean out the database, then adding it back? Thanks.

• Like 1

BennTech

That worked: move out, scan, move back in, scan. All NFOs and JPGs in respective folders. Thank you, Luke!