Device Limit per User/Account

maxt.v

maxt.v

Would be great if can limit the device per users. 

The simultaneous streams don't prevent to user to login on another device and it will consume the space for the devices limits on Emby Premiere.

• Like 6
  • Agree 2

Happy2Play

You can already sort of do this with User device access.  But in the end it sounds more like limiting a user to logged into only one device at a time.

But at the same time how can you limit a user to device that Emby does not currently know about?  How would this model actually work?

Punch
9 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

You can already sort of do this with User device access.  But in the end it sounds more like limiting a user to logged into only one device at a time.

But at the same time how can you limit a user to device that Emby does not currently know about?  How would this model actually work?

We're basically talking about the same control as the number of streams but for number of device log ins. So user X has "3" device logins. After which you get a similar message saying limit reached contact admin .....

Happy2Play

Still sounds like you are talking about something different then OP as your 3 devices would/could still require 3 premiere device slots.  But still sounds like device access if you are restricting a user to specific device.

Punch
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Still sounds like you are talking about something different then OP as your 3 devices would/could still require 3 premiere device slots.  But still sounds like device access if you are restricting a user to specific device.

No no, what he is talking about is User X can currently log into any amount of devices... we dont want to ony limit them to 1 device, but set a specifed number. User X "3", user Y "2"

etc etc

Happy2Play

So no control over what device, just a limit of how many devices.  To me that is still somewhat covered on a stream limit as there are slim odds of any user watching 3 streams on the same device.

But limiting premiere devices per users is still something different.

maxt.v

How hard is to add this to a server code:
If allowed-devices > connected-devices then block-login, else dont-block login, endif.

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, maxt.v said:

How hard is to add this to a server code:
If allowed-devices > connected-devices then block-login, else dont-block login, endif.

But that is what User access does.  Dashboard-Users-the user-Access-Device Access

maxt.v

ebr: that does not limit the devices login that counts on emby-premiere suscription

xbox login and iphone login consumes and slot on login not on playing content

few words: an user with 5 xbox and 1 simultaneous stream consumes 5 slots for emby premiere

5 iphones with 1 simultaneous stream consumes 5 slots for emby premiere

maxt.v

Happy2Play: it makes a lot of work daily checking if user got login on another device, rename the device, delete the device, block user to not login on another device, what I ask is to limit user to login only in 1,2,3 or whatever devices, and before login the server check if devices limit reached.

Hi.  We are primarily designed as a home media server so it is not really anticipated that you have people you cannot just talk to and say "Hey, please don't use so many devices" or "Don't give out your login credentials to others".

We may have more control of these types of things in the future but, for now, we have extended device plans if you have users you cannot control.

Thanks.

Happy2Play

So simultaneous logins.  So said user can not be login into more the x amount of devices.  But since devices hold a premiere slot for x amount of time it really doesn't matter.  

maxt.v

ebr: So, buy more spaces, I don't care if you can't control who logs to your server. In this case, you should do more clear on devices in use, for example, a list of devices consuming my premiere license.

maxt.v

Happy2Play: if user can't login it will not consume slot of Premiere suscription. Of course it matters, since if user had 1 device allowed and allready ussed he can't login on another device

Hi.  If you are using your server in a manner other than for just your family and very close friends then we have device plans more suited to that (as long as it in compliance with our TOS).

Thanks.

maxt.v

Oh, I forgot to tell, when you login on the web-bassed(I'm ussing google chrome) it counts as device, for example, I have 1 cellphone, 1 laptop and 1 desk, it consumes 3 devices, no matter if I play or not any stream on it.

Basically, If any of my users log on web-bassed they consumes a slot, and this is the response from billing deppartment:

Hi Thomas V.,

You had a lot of devices in use.  They will roll off the count within a week if you don't still have that many devices.

Thanks,
The Emby Team

Punch
33 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

So simultaneous logins.  So said user can not be login into more the x amount of devices.  But since devices hold a premiere slot for x amount of time it really doesn't matter.  

Oh is that right ? Nice, how long ?

• 6 months later...
damien_c2

Im also voting for this feature. it realy hard for me to manage device premier slot. Yes im telling my family to only use on 1 device but as soon i dont check they install in 2nd device and 3rd etc and i cannot lock device since they use browser. 

Edited by damien_c2

• 10 months later...

hallo ich habe eine frage ich habe 45 Geräte erreicht mit 28 benutzer ich werde jetzt upgraden auf 75 Geräte aber was mach ich dann wenn ich die 75 Geräte auch erreicht habe 

kann ich z.b für 100 oder 150 geräte kaufen oder so ein sonder option.

oder z.b wenn ich  bei Jeden kauf 75 +75 kaufe bekomme ich dann 150 geräte ???? ja/nein

26 minutes ago, Georg22 said:

oder z.b wenn ich  bei Jeden kauf 75 +75 kaufe bekomme ich dann 150 geräte ???? ja/nein

Nein.

Bei mehr musst du dich individuell an den Support melden, die machen dann wohl ein individuelles Angebot.

• Agree 1