EmbyCon - server connection speed test

TeamB

TeamB

With the recent changes to the way playback is handled where the server can pick the playback method based on your max stream bitrate setting in the client it would be good to know what your client is capable of when connecting to the server.

I have added a RAW, well as raw as I can get connection speed test to the client to help set the max streaming settings.

This will try to determine your max throughput from the server you currently have in the settings and allow you to use it is your max streaming setting.

This test will run the first time it sees a new server or you can run it from the main Add-on menu from under the Add-on action menu.

• Like 1

TeamB

It would be great if people could test this and see what sort of results you get, see if it is what you expect for your connection, try a few different test data sizes etc.

Painkiller8818

15MB = 585,65Kbs @ 0,01... sec
30MB = 578,18Kbs @ 0,02... sec
50MB = 631,71Kbs @0,53... sec
100MB = 587,1Kbs @1.2... sec

I hope this is useful for you.

Edited by Painkiller8818

TeamB

Cool thanks, I have been trying to work out if one large test or 3 smaller ones work best.

What is your expected throughput speed to the emby server for this client?

Not sure I fully understand your numbers, are those commas or decimal points?

Painkiller8818
8 hours ago, TeamB said:

Cool thanks, I have been trying to work out if one large test or 3 smaller ones work best.

What is your expected throughput speed to the emby server for this client?

Not sure I fully understand your numbers, are those commas or decimal points?

this is exactly what i got, i just made the ... because there are about 10 other numbers like 01.1247347673 sec so i just cut them off.

For me i don't know what to do with this results because i am connected locally in my network via GBit LAN so i would have expected 500MBit or 800MBit as it is a local connection no remote connection.

i don't know why it tells me 15MB = 585,65Kbs @ 0,01... sec i thought you could work with this :)

Or did you forget to change the Kbs to MBs in the addon?
i can stream 80GB 4K movie without problems so the speed internal isn't my problem and my server is added as local server from EmbyCon.

20200628_085058.jpg

Edited by Painkiller8818

TeamB

Your screen shot shows 651 Mbs, that is what I would expect for your gigabit network and is comparable with mine.

I think in your original report you might have dropped off some of the zeros.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Hyp3rD
On 26/06/2020 at 00:52, TeamB said:

This test will run the first time it sees a new server or you can run it from the main Add-on menu from under the Add-on action menu.

Hi TeamB, I don't find your speedtest in add-on on embuary theme, can you point me where to find it and the name of the add-on?

Thank you!

TeamB

It is under the main menu of the EmbyCon addon.

Go to Add-ons in Kodi, select the EmbyCon addon and scroll down to see Add-on Action, then in that list you should see the speed test.