Roku app stuck on "retrieving"

neutronJK
Go to solution Solved by neutronJK,

neutronJK

I uploaded an MP4 file to the Emby server (720p 30fps).  It is similar (same resolution, same frame rate) to nine other episodes of the same program.  After uploading it, I discovered it will not stream via my Roku app (despite the other nine files streaming without issue to Roku).   Further, I found that the same file streams file from Emby server to a web browser with no issues.   I have checked to make sure I have the latest Roku Emby app and have restarted the Roku TV but that didn't resolve the problem.   Has anyone else run into this issue?

Do you have a place to upload that problem mp4 to share on dropbox, google drive, etc..?

Has your Roku updated to firmware 9.3?

What is the Roku model number of your devicve? If we have the same device we can surely replicate and see what is happening. Thanks. :)

It is a Roku TV. Is it a TCL? Does it support 4K?

Edited by speechles

• Solution
neutronJK

I re-transcoded the file with the same settings (30fps, 720p) and overwrote the problem file (so I no longer have it).  After overwriting the problem file with the new one, the problem went away.    To answer your questions, it is a TCL Roku TV 4K (55P607) with firmware 9.3.   On the TV, when I selected the problem file, it would display "retrieving" and the progress bar incremented to about 30% and just hung there forever.   Sorry, I don't have the file to upload for analysis.    The thing that threw me a curve was that I could play the file using VLC and stream it to a browser from Emby.   But anyway, redoing the file seems to have resolved the problem.

Thanks though for your willingness to look into it.

Edited by neutronJK