Help on Surveillance DVR and IP Camera

antiqued4

antiqued4

Hello Guys, I use an emby server on a ubuntu server 18. I would like to know if by chance there is any way to put my surveillance dvr on the emby to see it live, just see not record it. Or an IP camera in some way.

pwhodges

You can use a STRM file for this.  It's a file with type .strm (!) which you put where you might put a video file, and which contains the URL of your stream in plain text.  I don't know what other possibilities there might be, as it's not much documented - but you can look in this thread or others which a forum search might throw up. 

I have a couple of IP cameras (with completely different URL structures), and doing exactly what I wrote, no more no less, has worked for both of them.  But (for my streams at any rate) they don't play through the Android mobile client...  OK in web browser on same device, and in the iOS client.  As an example, these are the URLs in my two STRM files:

rtsp://192.168.1.9:554/user=admin&password=xxxxxxxx&channel=1&stream=0.sdp?real_stream--rtp-caching=100

rtsp://admin:xxxxxxxx@192.168.1.81:8554

Paul

Edited by pwhodges
  • Like 1

antiqued4

I managed to follow your recommendations, I put the device where the cameras are connected, the NVD also went, but I was wondering if there is a way to open in "grid" for example 9 camera on the same screen, or will I have to create a file for each camera?

• Like 1

pwhodges

I don't suppose Emby will do that for you.  But if your camera/surveillance system can generate such a screen which you can access using one URL...  I have no idea, as I've never looked at a surveillance system, I'm afraid.

Paul

antiqued4

I will show an image of my device that manages the images, via http I access it and it shows me the 18 cameras, in the image they are not appearing because I did not play because I would post on the internet

i aceess via: http://ip:portCapturar.thumb.PNG.c3e51f49bc55190a739e82bd50f97d7f.PNG

4 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

Não acho que Emby faça isso por você. Mas se o seu sistema de câmera / vigilância puder gerar uma tela que você possa acessar usando uma URL ... Não faço ideia, como nunca vi um sistema de vigilância, receio.

Paulo

Edited by antiqued4