Not clean database when scan library

SOz92

Hi!

I come from Plex, and I miss one option in the library... "Empty trash automatically after every scan".

If in one moment I have a hard drive "offline" when I scan, in Emby, I lost all the library metadata, and when I connect again the disk I have to scan all the content again.

In plex, if there's something offline, whit that option the library doesn't remove nothing, and when I connect de hdd, no need to reescan and download all metadata.

• Like 2

MndWrp

There is an option to save your metadata and images with the media files, that way you can disconnect and reconnect drives easily, without losing data.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
DoUEvenComputer

I would also like to request this. I have media libraries that mount a network share and if something were to happen where that share appears empty, Emby as though I deleted all of my media. My other use case is the same as the original post where I intentionally migrate/remove a hard drive.. also useful in this case, but I can see where the suggestion of saving metadata ahead of time might be a viable solution.

Being able to disable "Empty trash" in Plex for a library is a nice feature though, as the above cases don't require any extra planning to avoid a library being wiped from the database.

I have media libraries that mount a network share and if something were to happen where that share appears empty, Emby as though I deleted all of my media.

That's an issue that we'll look into. Thanks for reporting.

Probably the thing to do Luke is look at the mount point and if that's not available skip scanning it thus making scanning faster and none of the media would get removed.

That would be useful for both network shares as well as external USB drives that go offline.

mastrmind11

wait, this was supposedly addressed sometime in 2018 iirc.  Original FR 

follow up (among many others) 

• 3 weeks later...