Can't login

daunjan

daunjan

Have tried using the trial login to my server keeps saying invalid username or password?
So brought the full software now dose not show emby connect or same as login to my server same as using the trial version? Tried my connect login also email login nothing.

I'm stumped I can login to both server and emby connect on my phone and computer browser no problem.

Need your help?

daunjan

Was able to login to my server with new user and no password. It now shows emby connect but won't accept user and password guessing have to use blank password for my connect account as well umm no. Would leave my account vulnerable.
Found the server fix from other post saying leave password blank. One step forward two steps back.

Any help appreciated.

Hi, what trial login are you referring to? We don't have a trial login function. Are you connecting to your Emby Server, or someone else's server?

daunjan

Hey there, I had first downloaded the trial of Ember. Thinking the login glitch may have been caused through trial, I then purchased full version Ember hoping fix above problems. But still got above problems. Was installing on Xbox One X

• 1 month later...
Joe Canas

Long time owner of Ember for Emby. I tried to logon multiple times to my local emby server to not avail. I have uninstall and reinstall and tried to login again and it does not let me login.

I have Emby theater on same PC and it workes just fine loggoing in and logging out even if I change the user name and passwords. so what gives with Ember for Emby. Is it broken?

3 hours ago, Joe Canas said:

Long time owner of Ember for Emby. I tried to logon multiple times to my local emby server to not avail. I have uninstall and reinstall and tried to login again and it does not let me login.

I have Emby theater on same PC and it workes just fine loggoing in and logging out even if I change the user name and passwords. so what gives with Ember for Emby. Is it broken?

Hi, why not use Emby Theater? Ember is a third party app. It might not have been updated in a while, which means it could be out of date with respect to it's usage of Emby API's.

Joe Canas

Well, the reason am curious why it does not work is because I paid $ for the App via Microsoft App Store. Do you know who I go to complain and get support for EmberforEmby? I thought it was this website? BTW, I do use both products and would like to continue to use both.

On 8/17/2020 at 1:27 PM, Joe Canas said:

Well, the reason am curious why it does not work is because I paid $ for the App via Microsoft App Store. Do you know who I go to complain and get support for EmberforEmby? I thought it was this website? BTW, I do use both products and would like to continue to use both.

Hi, Ember is built by a third party community member of this forum. It is not built or maintained by the Emby Team. We're happy to help you with Emby Theater though. 

To get support for the Ember app, I would use the Windows Store to communicate with the developer for it.

Happy2Play

@7illusions authentication is failing.  Passthru "don't require password on LAN" still works.

2020-08-21 18:56:52.935 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://192.168.151.16:8096/emby/Users/AuthenticateByName?format=json. Connection=Keep-Alive, Content-Type=application/x-www-form-urlencoded, Host=192.168.151.16:8096, Content-Length=108, X-Emby-Authorization=MediaBrowser Client="Emby RT", DeviceId="AwD0KAMAyj0DACynAwBoxwMAht4DAGLzBQAA3wYAAQAEAN7SAQDKDgIAHEoJAFiP", Device="Acer-Project", Version="4.5.292"
2020-08-21 18:56:52.936 Error UserManager: Error authenticating with provider Default
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.5.0.20
	Command line: Y:\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19041
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.7
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: Y:/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 12
	Data path: Y:\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: Y:\Emby-Server\system
	System.Exception: System.Exception: Invalid username or password
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.DefaultAuthenticationProvider.Authenticate(String username, String password, User resolvedUser)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager.AuthenticateWithProvider(IAuthenticationProvider provider, String username, String password, User resolvedUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[MediaBrowser.Controller.Authentication.ProviderAuthenticationResult] Authenticate(System.String, System.String, MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.User)

2020-08-21 18:56:52.936 Info HttpClient: POST https://connect.emby.media/service/user/authenticate

I just downloaded this for Windows 10 as well as Xbox One and can confirm that the app is broken on both sides. Cannot login at all (there are other threads mentioning this as well).

Also on the Windows 10 version, just typing the letter A (the letter A is in both my username and password), it will trigger a hotkey to go to "Latest Movies" so I can't even finish logging in - I have to copy & paste my credentials into the window. The hotkeys should be disabled during login.

I looked around and it sounds like 7Illusions is no longer able to update the app due to real-life conflicts.

Shame because I just need the player for Xbox One. Is there any chance that Emby might consider "a la carte" pricing to unlock just a single app? i.e. ability to just buy the Theatre app for Xbox One?

@SoCalTiger

7illusions

Ill look inte this in the coming week, @Luke  are the changes needed publicly available or is rhis part also closed source?

• Like 2

On 8/28/2020 at 5:02 PM, 7illusions said:

Ill look inte this in the coming week, @Luke  are the changes needed publicly available or is rhis part also closed source?

@7illusions it might actually as simple as updating to the newer login params, specifically pw for password:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/wiki/User-Authentication

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Is it still not possible to login using this app?

Well i did get it to login on windows. But not on xbox one x because my password is too long. I think it stops around 8 letters and then it just shows a screen where it says latest movies.

So i give up on this.

Edited by wuffer

• 6 months later...
ToastNtcham

Anyone ever work out why this doesn't login? I've been trying it for ages and constant 'Login Failure'