Roll back Embycon beta possible?

muzicman0

muzicman0

I think Embycon updated tonight, and I have the beta installed (because of a feature request), but now it is annoyingly asking me to select an audio and sub track on certain videos, where it wasn't doing that before.  Is is possible to roll back to the previous beta?  

TeamB

it is probably due to the file being transcoded now.

There was a recent change that now uses the servers recommendation for playback type. This means the server can suggest transcoding is the stream bitrate is too high for youe settings.

Ave a look in the add-on settings and make sure your bitrate is set high enough for your media files, it should default to 50 Mbs but if it is lower than you media then it will transcode and thus prompt for subtitles and audio options.

muzicman0

I'll do that.  I also just noticed that resume was broken...is that also related?

muzicman0

Nope, that didn't seem to work.  I restarted Kodi as well, still no joy.  

The specific files are some Bluray rips, but they worked fine prior to the latest upgrade.  I am also set up to direct stream (I assume this is the same as 'native path').  

TeamB

No direct stream is not the same as native path.

will need an EmbyCon debug log file.

-turn on debug logging in the EmbyCon advanced settings
-restart kodi
-play the file you are having issues with
-shut down kodi
-PM me the log

muzicman0

logs sent.

Is native path still supported?  That is the only way I can get EDL file support, but I don't see any settings for native path anymore, or perhaps I am only thinking of Emby for Kodi, and not Embicon, since I have used both.

2 hours ago, muzicman0 said:

logs sent.

Is native path still supported?  That is the only way I can get EDL file support, but I don't see any settings for native path anymore, or perhaps I am only thinking of Emby for Kodi, and not Embicon, since I have used both.

I believe that option is in Emby for Kodi.

muzicman0

Sorry, it's called Direct File Playback.  My bad.  Still curious what it is.  I currently have it enabled.

TeamB

This option is for when you have your files local on the same machine as emby and Kodi or a local share like smb or nfs that kodi can access directly, if you enable this kodi will try to play the files directly if it can access then.

I have your log, I will look at it after my morning coffee.

Edited by TeamB

muzicman0

Thanks.  And yes, I want Kodi to play as if it is a local file (well...it's technically a smb file).  That will enable EDL support (commercial skipping).

Edited by muzicman0

TeamB

You will need to make sure Kodi can access the files, check that in the Kofi file manager, then make sure you have set up any path substitution you may need in the emby library.

When you play back the file if you open the osd and look in the synopsis/description the first line will be the playback type, it should say "DirectPlay", if it does not then something is wrong.

muzicman0

They play back fine unless I it is partially played.  I have been using the plug in this way for quite a while.

The problem now is that it constantly asks me audio and sub track, and also won't resume.

muzicman0

I am 99% sure it was, since EDL worked.  I know I had native playback when I used Emby for Kodi.

EDIT: I will say it did change to 'unchecked' when the beta updated.  But I am sure it was direct before the upgrade.

Edited by muzicman0

TeamB

I think I found the issue, your video is using the codec vc1 which I need to add to the acceptable codec list for direct play. I had never seen vc1 before.

muzicman0

Interesting.  Like I said, they are Blu-ray rips.

As always, I appreciate the fast support!

TeamB

Try the latest beta 1.9.93

I changed the way the codec lists are managed in the PlaybackInfo request so that should fix the issue you are having were it forces transcode, this should fix it for all future codecs as well.

muzicman0

Interesting...my Windows installation (testing platform) picked up the new version almost immediately, but I can't get it to show up on my Shield.

muzicman0

I was wrong, the one on my pc was 1.9.92, not .93, so I guess it is not available yet.

muzicman0

does it take time to propagate?  I just restarted my Shield, and I still don't see anything later than 1.9.91 on my Shield, and 1.9.92 on my PC.

TeamB

In Kodi go to:

Settings -> Add-ons

Then hit left and you should see "Check for updates"

Select that and see what happens.