Playback Intermittently Skips Ahead

Nisten

Nisten

On two roku devices, video playback intermittently skips ahead a few seconds. Its a relatively new issue that I've been able to reproduce with HW transcoding on & off. Let me know what else is needed

ffmpeg-transcode-965e444a-89ff-405c-a223-5b5bc4b73d0b_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-e9c106cd-b139-4a19-9a97-451d0a39fc14_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-6f2618a8-0b93-42f3-92c5-1cd93bf18534_1.txt

Hi.  Does this happen on all videos or just some?

If you disable throttling on the server, does it still happen?

Nisten

Just some, I just finished playing a video that did not skip with HW transcoding off so i'll turn it back on and then disable throttling if i encounter it again, for testing

When it happens, does it happen consistently in the same way for a particular video?

Nisten

Yes (its random & intermittent but if it happens on a video I'm playing, it happens more than once for the same file), It happened yesterday and I closed out of the player, disabled throttling, restarted playback and the remainder of the video played without a hitch. It doesn't seem to happen on every single video but it happens on enough videos that's its noticeable 

Nisten

Based on I when i first noticed this issue happening, and that i haven't had to report any roku playback issue for over a year - My estimated guess is that this coincides with the 4.0 app release and that I've converted a vast majority of MKV files to HEVC. I have some original mp4/h.264 videos that so far appear unaffected by this issue

Possibly also coincides with your device updating to Roku firmware 9.3 as we have a similar issue that appears related to that.

• 2 weeks later...
ThePaladinTech

I am seeing this as well, and sometimes I get a “too many errors” message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, ThePaladinTech said:

I am seeing this as well, and sometimes I get a “too many errors” message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there @ThePaladinTech can we please look at an example?