Embycon problems to play a playlist

bgx

Since Emby for Kodi is not updated anymore I use Embycon and it's running fine so far.
But one thing I didn't get to work so far... When I play a playlist (music) the playback says the first 3-4 tracks are not playable and then it plays one track and stopped. 

In the log I see lot of this Error:

WARNING: unsupported protocol(plugin) in plugin://plugin.video.embycon/?item_id=12345

and

skipping unplayable item: path .....

EDIT: Some more Infos... I start playback Embycon over Yatse... When I start playback directly in embycon nothing plays...

Edited by bgx

TeamB

Is this an Emby server playlist or a Kodi playlist?

Can you run though exactly what you are doing so I can reproduce this.

- How you create the playlist
 - How you are starting playback (from the menu or selecting an item etc)

Edited by TeamB

I had two emby server music playlists. One a smartplaylist (from the smartplaylist emby addon) and one a normal emby server playlist with tracks added over embywebui.

When I try to start these playlists in kodi directly, nothing happens... means when I go to playlists and hit "play all" nothing happens... when I open the playlist and hit play a single song it works.

When I start the same over yatse on my android phone and go to addons->embycon-> emby libraries->playlists-> open the playlist and hit play all it missed the first 3-4 tracks, you hear for a single second that the playback starts and it hops over to next track... the 5 track or so plays normaly and then it stopped. (timing problem?)

I want this because I had a headless kodi to only play music without a display.

And may I ask you it is possible to programm a remote key on kodi to start a emby server playlist to play?

Thank you

emby server is 4.5.0.13 and embycon 1.9.90

EDIT: I see I can only play single tracks no playlists or albums anymore... perhabs problem with 1.9.90?

Had a Matrix Kodi running with 1.0.4 and there playpack of album is working but its on the same machine as the emby server...

Edited by bgx

TeamB
1 hour ago, bgx said:

When I try to start these playlists in kodi directly, nothing happens... means when I go to playlists and hit "play all" nothing happens... when I open the playlist and hit play a single song it works.

This was a bug and is fixed in 1.9.91

I don't know what Yates is, does it remote control emby or kodi?

• Thanks 1

Yatse can remote emby and kodi...

See here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.leetzone.android.yatsewidgetfree&hl=de

Thank you for fix. Will try... 

Worked... Thx...

Why are the playback start and track skip so slow?

When I skip track I see in emby overview start/stop multiple times for the same song...

EDIT: Must be my connection... was only one time...

Edited by bgx

TeamB

if Yatse is trying to remote control and "Play" the actual playlist it will not work, the Emby Playlists are not a playable item, you need to open them and play the items or use the EmbyCon menu to play all items, you can not play the playlist directly in kodi.

TeamB

I will probably need a better description or a debug log file to answer that.

The latest version had some changes to how the playback type is selected, by default now it uses the playback suggestion from the server. Check your playback settings in the addon to make sure you have the bitrate and other settings set correctly.

Will get debug...

As workaround I had reverted back to stable.

Bitrate is set correct but as somebody said it will try to transcode all things with 91.

Give me some time for getting log... will then come back to you...

Thx

TeamB
9 minutes ago, bgx said:

Bitrate is set correct but as somebody said it will try to transcode all things with 91.

what is your bitrate set to?
what do you mean all things with 91?

Have set bitrate to 7000 and my vid has only 4000 br.

Embycon is trying to transcode all files with the last version 91.

Sorry, at work atm. Will post later a log when I've time.

hmm, let me quick vpn in...

Ok that did the trick, but is imo not so good for me. I've here a wireless internet connection witch is often slow... With the old version I could set max bitrate to 2600 witch runs fine over my wireless internet connection. I let all files run direct mode and when I see a shutter I tap "force transcoding" and the file was transcoding nearly 2600kb/s. With new setting I think I could do this and must all the time switch the bitrate in settings, or I'm wrong?

TeamB

yes that is correct, with the new settings you would need to adjust the bitrate in the settings to trigger the lower transcode bitrate.

So lets think of a better way.

Two options that I can think of.

1.have a force transcode bitrate in the settings, so you have the normal bitrate and then a force bitrate and when you select Force Transcode it uses the force bitrate

2.when you select Force Transocde you can select the bitrate you want

• Like 1

Great... I think the second way is really nice because I can fast fine tune if my wireless connection need to. If it is not to much work for you I would prefer this one. 😄 

Thank you

TeamB

yeah I am leaning towards this one as well.

You select Force Transcode and a dialog pops up to get you to select the bitrate, it remembers the last one you selected so you can just hit ok again if you did not want to change it.

• Like 1

Thank you a lot... Will try later when I've time...

Couldn't resist to try... Good job... Love this one... 👍

Edited by bgx

Hmm one problem seems to remain... I can't force transcode h264... Can you look if it works? When I try to force transcode h264 it doesn't start anything...

Here part of log:

2020-06-24 13:26:03.025 T:4094042128  NOTICE: VideoPlayer::OpenFile: https://xxxxx:8925/emby/videos/803691/master.m3u8?DeviceId=EA3FFDBD5E084F16BF62>
2020-06-24 13:26:03.033 T:3209028480  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
2020-06-24 13:26:03.035 T:3209028480  NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
2020-06-24 13:26:03.346 T:3209028480   ERROR: OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
2020-06-24 13:26:03.347 T:3209028480  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
2020-06-24 13:26:03.365 T:4094042128  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()
2020-06-24 13:26:03.380 T:4094042128  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
2020-06-24 13:26:03.381 T:4094042128  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: finished waiting

TeamB
1 hour ago, bgx said:

Hmm one problem seems to remain... I can't force transcode h264... Can you look if it works? When I try to force transcode h264 it doesn't start anything...

It is working for me, I can force transcode h264 content fine.

pm me the full log or the full snippet

Edited by TeamB
  • Confused 1