LiveTV not showing up with TVHeadend

muppets4

muppets4

I am a long time user of the DVBLogic software, but TV Mosaic is a dying piece of software. No updates come along, the forum is abandond and the ticketsystem unanswered. So now I am in the process of seeking out alternatives. And there are a few specifics I need for my setup. The first being able to read my cable card. The second to be able to use EIT EPG data. It comes with the signal of my cable company.

I have a Windows server and installed Xpenology on it through VMWare Player. Really amazing combination. I bridged the network adapter so it could make use of the router directly. It is working great, I can reach the virtual DS918+ as like it was real. Installed TVHeadend on it and got it working good. I can acces it from any PC in the network and streams work.

I then installed the plugin on Emby (also on the DS918), set the authentication as plain text, refreshed the guide. To only see a library being added of the TVHeadend recordings. The LiveTV is missing completely and I cannot seem to get it to show up. I have attached the server log in the hope someone can help me.

embyserver.txt

Hi, what you might want to try instead is removing the tvh plugin, and then importing into emby server using tvheadend's m3u output feature.

muppets4

Just tried this suggestion. Guide information is coming through, but keeps spinning on the circle.... Added my logs, hope you can help.

edit: spoke too soon, no guide information. So not an option for me.

edit 2: second option was to use a m3u file that I tested working. Still the spinning circle

embyserver (1).txt

Edited by muppets4

muppets4
5 hours ago, Luke said:

Did you add a guide data provider?

No, as I stated in the opening post I use EIT data over cable. No XMLTV files. But I can set it up with XMLTV, so I did. EPG data is being loaded, but no image is displayed.

muppets4
Just now, pünktchen said:

Tvheadend's own xmltv export doesn't provide image links.

I don't know why you are saying this. Never asked for images 🙂

pünktchen
I don't know why you are saying this. Never asked for images [emoji846]

Of course you did:
EPG data is being loaded, but no image is displayed.

muppets4
17 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Of course you did:

Aha, I see where it comes from. I mean no TV image. Icons are the least of my worries.

11 hours ago, muppets4 said:

No, as I stated in the opening post I use EIT data over cable. No XMLTV files. But I can set it up with XMLTV, so I did. EPG data is being loaded, but no image is displayed.

If you do the m3u import without the TVH plugin as I suggested, then you will need to setup guide data.

muppets4

I tried that also. Created an xmltv file. The guide showed up, but the spinning circle remained. Yesterday I installed the plugin again. And as by magic things started working.

• 3 weeks later...
muppets4
On 6/23/2020 at 8:13 PM, muppets4 said:

I tried that also. Created an xmltv file. The guide showed up, but the spinning circle remained. Yesterday I installed the plugin again. And as by magic things started working.

Just to add to this for others that run into this problem: the plugin SAYS it saves the changes, but only does so after restarting Emby. So save the settings and then restart Emby. In the TVHeadend log I could see the old username/password being used, after I changed it in the plug-in.

It sounds like the plugin might be storing a copy of the config somewhere and that will need to be adjusted.