Server - NFO files and Xml in media folder

saitoh183
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

saitoh183

With the new addition of native support of nfo files, would it be possible to add the option to choose if you want nfo files or xml files when activating the option to save metadata to media folder. As it is now we get both and im sure people that want nfo files dont want xml also and vise versa. If this is already possible, i missed it :)

• Solution

you don't get both. when the beta goes stable, existing users will get xml. the startup wizard will determine it for new users. just go to metadata -> services and pick what you want for each type.

• Like 1

saitoh183

you don't get both. when the beta goes stable, existing users will get xml. the startup wizard will determine it for new users. just go to metadata -> services and pick what you want for each type.

Ok...just checked ...the option you are referring too wasnt there last night when i activated metadata in media folder. Now i just went back and both where checked. Initially the only option i had was which order MBS would use. 

I guess after updating this morning the option appeared.

saitoh183

under Metadata Saver if you choose no check mark at all, does that mean it wont create the file?

jasonmcroy

under Metadata Saver if you choose no check mark at all, does that mean it wont create the file?

That was my experience. I sort of found it by accident because when I updated the server I noticed that I was not getting NFO files for new episodes I was adding (I like them for use in XBMC because without those files my episodes show up in a weird order in XBMC even though I am using the plugin for MBS and XBMC). I had to hunt around and found the option to check creating NFO files and now they are being created. It was not checked by default.

-Jason

• 3 years later...

With the next release of Emby Server, you will be able to choose the metadata format on a per-library basis. Enjoy.