LiveTV help

dcol

dcol

I have installed the community Emby plugin into FreeNAS. I have a dataset within my pool (/MyPool/emby)with all my media that I access from a Windows based Emby server. That all works great.

Now I want to use the FreeNAS Emby plugin to only record live tv and send the recordings to the '/MyPool/emby/FN_TV'  for access in the Windows Emby media folders. Everything is setup in FreeNAS Emby. I have a TV Guide and can watch any station. My problem is how do I setup the recordings to save to '/MyPool/emby/FN_TV'. I was presented with questions about source and destination mount points. I am unsure how to set them. The media is setup in /MyPool/emby and I want the recorded media to go to /MyPool/emby/FNTV

I did follow the 'Emby File Permission Setup' guide first and applied to the emby dataset and unsuccessfully searched for a setup guide for the jail setup.

So I am left with these questions.

1. How do I setup the mount points (I tried '/MyPool/emby/FNTV' as source and '/root/media' as destination)

2. What to use for 'Default recording path:' in Emby, or do I just leave that blank. (I tried /media)

3. Am I missing any steps?

To summerize. All I want to do is record LiveTV in FreeNAS Emby and put the recordings in my existing media folder '/MyPool/emby/FN_TV'

dcol

All my permissions are OPEN. GID and UID of the dataset 'Media' is 989. Updated to latest Emby 4.5.0.13

My mount points

Source: /mnt/Mypool/Media/TVShows

Destination: /mnt/Mypool/iocage/jails/embyfn/root/media

Default recording path in Emby: /Media

Recording not working. No errors. Emby doesn't see any media files.

What am I missing here? Please help.

dcol

This issue is only about where the recorded TV files are placed. I can mount a movie library and it works fine. The issue is getting the recorded show into the correct folder. How do I do that?  Putting the path into the media folder does not work, besides, that's not where it should be.

I even tries putting the network path into the Emby 'Default recording path'. Maybe Emby just doesn't work with m3u streams in FreeNAS. IDK.

Baenwort

Are both the liveTV recording folder and where you want it available to the FreeNAS Emby jail?  There is a auto organize function in the plugin area of your Emby Settings on the FreeNAS side.  You could use that to have the FreeNAS emby move recordings over to the area you want them all to be compiled.

dcol

Issue is no matter where I  put the Default recording path it doesn,t put the recording there. I can setup any media folder to a library and it works fine. But that is reading, Writing doesn,t work. And yes the file properies are all set to 777. I can wtite to the folders via SMB or SCP so there are no restrictions. I have been unable to find any reference that shows what the 'Default Recording Path' should be. If anyone is working, please share what your setting is,

Edited by dcol

The server must be getting denied write access to your chosen folder. The server log will help us confirm that.

dcol

I noticed the timestamps on the Emby log was off by two days. An update to FreeNAS solved that issue. I deleted the jail entirely and reinstalled Emby and updated to 4.5.0.13. Now I see the recordings are working and placed in data/livetv/recordings.

Now the task is to put them in the media library.

Not sure if the jail reinstall, FreeNAS update, or the time was the fix.

Also, learning FreeNAS as I go along, I realized I do not need mount points at all since I do not use libraries in this system. It's only purpose is to record LiveTV and place the media in my media folder for another Emby server to use.

Edited by dcol

dcol
3 hours ago, Baenwort said:

Are both the liveTV recording folder and where you want it available to the FreeNAS Emby jail?  There is a auto organize function in the plugin area of your Emby Settings on the FreeNAS side.  You could use that to have the FreeNAS emby move recordings over to the area you want them all to be compiled.

I do not see any way to move files to another folder with auto-organize. Seems that only handles items within the watch folder.

11 minutes ago, dcol said:

I do not see any way to move files to another folder with auto-organize. Seems that only handles items within the watch folder.

That's correct.

Baenwort

I don't use this function so I can't give detailed guidance. However, checking the 'enable new series organization' lets you specify a destination. 

There is a choice that explicitly lets you chose between move and copy.  Perhaps some googling will help?

FreeBSD forum is kinda dead as the move to close the Emby source drove most of the community here away. For plug ins you may have better luck asking about using the plug in in the general subforum.

dcol

Can I use a direct UNC path in the Default Recording path to go to a windows computer from FreeNAS? I am having no luck placing the path outside the jail into another dataset. Is it even possible to have the default recording path anywhere outside the Emby jail? Mount points seem to be read points from another dataset, but not for sending recordings. Or is there a way to make that work?

Edited by dcol

Baenwort

You can mount any dataset as read/write and write to it directly. FreeNAS provides instructions for mounting datasets into jail in different ways. You will need to be careful about permissions and ownership rights. If it is the dataset you share to your windows machines then that will result in the recordings showing up in the same drive as your other files.

dcol

Mounting datasets to libraries within Emby is not the issue. I can do that just fine. It's the setting of the default recording path. It's probably possible to externally mount a dataset, but I just can't get to it within the Emby jail for recording. If you know of a way or a command, please share. And it has to be a permanent mount within the Emby jail so if the jail  is restarted it stays mounted. Emby has a source and destination mounting available, but that is not usable for recording, only for libraries. The source is not accessible to the default recording path. The destination is but that is not where I want to put the recordings.

• 2 weeks later...
Baenwort

I'm not sure why this doesn't show for you but under the DVR tab when logged into the server with the admin user I can set the destination that the recordings are placed in. This is a separate dataset from my other media that is handled as a separate library from which I move my recordings if they are of shows I wish to see more than once.

See about 1/4 of the way down from the top.

image.thumb.png.009b72fc0a3df90b1c2b6fa6996b51b2.png 

dcol

Going to the Media folder is no problem. I cannot get to another dataset or anywhere outside the Emby jail.