Locate missing episodes

crusher11
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

crusher11

Is there a way to easily see which episodes are missing from a show? I had a couple that wouldn't rip, bought a replacement set and now need to figure out which episodes aren't there.

Hi, I think the statistics plugin has a feature for this but I'm not quite sure.

crusher11

I can't figure out how to get any actual information out of that plugin to be honest.

crusher11

The standalone one is what I thought you were talking about; I didn't think the other one worked anymore.

• Solution
Happy2Play

You could use the Reports plugin, assuming you have "Display missing episodes within seasons" enabled on the TV library.  You can export the entire list to show missing for every series, or sort on screen and scroll to the specific series.

Select Episodes, then filter Missing Episodes

example exported

example.thumb.jpg.fbab9d9716e08af018415a1a2aa0c797.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

crusher11

Weirdly, that shows four episodes from House as missing that have no reason to be missing. I checked through the web app and they are indeed missing. Checked on the actual file location and the files are there. Why can't Emby see them?

Spaceboy
Weirdly, that shows four episodes from House as missing that have no reason to be missing. I checked through the web app and they are indeed missing. Checked on the actual file location and the files are there. Why can't Emby see them?

I’m going to go out in a limb and say you’re going to need to provide more detail than that.

crusher11

Which part of it specifically? I added those episodes years ago, so there isn't a relevant log. I've shown a screenshot of my file naming. What more is there?

CBers
4 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Which part of it specifically? I added those episodes years ago, so there isn't a relevant log. I've shown a screenshot of my file naming. What more is there?

Delete everything in the folder apart from the video files themselves, then re-scan the library. 

If not fixed, supply the logs. 

• 3 weeks later...
hackthis02

Sorry I just saw this thread. This doesn't seem to be an issue with the statistics plugin. But @CBers suggestion sound good.

• 2 weeks later...
crusher11
On 6/23/2020 at 11:13 PM, CBers said:

Delete everything in the folder apart from the video files themselves, then re-scan the library. 

If not fixed, supply the logs. 

They don't even have JPG or BIF files now. The NFO files got recreated, but that's it. They're still listed as missing. The other episodes scanned in just fine.

embyserver.txt

Try moving all files out of the season.

Rescan library and verify all are missing.

Now move back a single episode (video file only) that was missing such as episode 9 and rescan again

Does it show up?

Now try moving back all the other missing ones (media only) and rescan

If works add remain media only files and rescan.

If you hit a point where the new media isn't showing up you've found a problem file most likely.

Process of elimination.

Let us know how far you make it or if they all get added back ok.

Edited by cayars

• 1 year later...
KLF&TLF

Not sure if you got it working or not but rename the files that has worked for me. But I can't get the report plugin to show missing episodes. 

I have included a snap shot of the report and then a screenshot showing I have missing episodes ticked and considering the amount of files I have I want an easier way to find my missing episodes rather than using the Statistics options.

Anyone got any ideas of has the plugin changed?

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 5.46.07 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 5.46.50 pm.png

• Like 1