Filter on Collection status in web browser

eblue
Go to solution Solved by PenkethBoy,

It would be really nice if a filter could be applied to exclude movies that are already part of any collections. I have a very large collection (1000+ movies) and right now the only way to determine if any particular movie is already a part of that collection is to open a movie and see if it's shows that movie collection icon. This gets tedious and waste a lot of time. If I could apply a filter which excluded movies that are already part of any collections, I would only see titles that haven't been added to any collections. Also, I was once told that the total number of movies in a collection would be viewable from web browsers again after that feature disappeared during a major update over a year ago.

• Like 1

I cannot find it right now but there is a request out here to warn you when you are adding an item to a playlist or collection that is already there.  I think that makes the most sense for the issue you are trying to solve here.

crusher11

How does it? You'd still have to go through thousands of movies individually to make sure they were in their collections.

5 hours ago, ebr said:

I cannot find it right now but there is a request out here to warn you when you are adding an item to a playlist or collection that is already there.  I think that makes the most sense for the issue you are trying to solve here.

Ok, let me try and explain the situation better. The 1000+ movie collection that I mentioned is a single collection inside of my overall much larger movie library. It's called Black Movies and right now the way that I add movies to it is I look at the covers of the movies and if it has a black actor on the cover it goes in the collection. Over the years, I know that I've missed adding a few black movies to the collection. Right now there is no easy way to find just those missed movies because I can still see the movies that have already been added. If I could apply a filter that excludes movies that are already part of any collections then I could easily find the movies with black actors on the cover that haven't been added to any collections.

14 minutes ago, PenkethBoy said:

"Group items into collections" does this

Indeed it does! I think I tried it once before and it didn't do anything. Apparently the trick is you have to change the sort order to Title. 

I guess we can scratch this as a feature request, although using a filter would still be nice as well.

Thanks a million!