Nvidia Shield, buffering with 4k HDR content

CB52CAM

rbjtech
7 minutes ago, CB52CAM said:

Sorry, I don't mean to get annoyed. It's just deeply frustrating having to justify all this cost and then not getting anywhere. 

I honestly cannot understand why my local connection is so slow. 

There is a network app for the shield that says my WiFi speed is fast enough. 

I'll try this now, do you mean download the file via the App.emby.media interface? 

No ignore emby for the moment - this is just doing a file copy from the server.  This assumes you have the folder shared and the laptop can get to it.

The 'internet speed' apps are generally catering for 4K 'Streaming' which is VERY different to what you are trying to do.  You are trying to stream a REMUX 4K video that was never designed to be played like this - so you need 4 or 5x  the normal bandwidth that say Netflix uses.  On the local LAN, this should not be a problem, but over wifi this could be a big ask - as you are finding out ... 

We'll get there - I know the Shield is capable of playing 4K HDR REMUX's without an issue - the one I was playing last night had an average bitrate of 88Mbit/sec - this was over 1Gig Ethenet mind you - but it played perfectly with HDR and Atmos.

We just need to fix your wireless speed 😉 

Edited by rbjtech

CB52CAM
16 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

No ignore emby for the moment - this is just doing a file copy from the server.  This assumes you have the folder shared and the laptop can get to it.

I have set the folder up for sharing but it is undescoverable on my laptop. 

I really appreciate you helping me with this, and I am sorry that it's taking so long to get it working. 

CB52CAM

My laptop won't even see my desktop PC. 

Maan, in ready to just throw in the towel and send everything back 

rbjtech

So lets check the IP's on the PC and the laptop - both should be something like 192.168.x.y - as long as both PC and laptop share the 192.168.x bit - then we are good.

I guess you must have turned on file and printer sharing or you wouldn't be able to share the folder.

Can you 'ping' the PC - ie type 'ping 192.168.x.y' - where x.y is the IP of your PC obviously .. ;)

CB52CAM
Just now, rbjtech said:

So lets check the IP's on the PC and the laptop - both should be something like 192.168.x.y - as long as both PC and laptop share the 192.168.x bit - then we are good.

I guess you must have turned on file and printer sharing or you wouldn't be able to share the folder.

Can you 'ping' the PC - ie type 'ping 192.168.x.y' - where x.y is the IP of your PC obviously .. ;)

I have disconnected everything now as i was getting annoyed, i have a few jobs to do this afternoon and i will try again later on this evening? 

yes, i could ping it. 

i see that you are in the UK? is it possible we could link up on Whatsapp so we can communicate in real time? 

i can easily plug everything back in again if you are available now? 

Cheers. 

CB52CAM
On 6/20/2020 at 3:58 PM, rbjtech said:

So you must either have fast wifi or ethernet to playback 4K REMUX's... 

ok - so ffmpeg will be in the emby folder - under system - replace the location below wherever yours is ..

so fire up a command prompt and use the following :-

"C:\Emby-Server\system\ffmpeg.exe" -i "c:\source_file.mkv" -map 0:v -map 0:a:0 -map 0:a -c:v copy -c:a copy -c:a:0 ac3 -disposition:a:0 default "c:\new_file_with_ac3_as_new_track_1.mkv"

"c:\source_file.mkv" will be your original file

""c:\new_file_with_ac3_as_new_track_1.mkv"" will be a new copy of the MKV with the added AC3 track - as track 0 being the default audio track.

Obviously change these to what you need.

If you have a complicated directory structure, then use 'SHIFT' and right click on the file in explorer and then 'Copy as path' - to copy the file structure to insert into the above command line - right click will insert it

This worked a treat for Extracting AC3!