MBC new UI crashes after playback

leedavies

I get a Media Browser 3 not responding error after stopping playback (need to play for a few minutes to trigger the error). There are no Media Center event logs generated and the MB server log last entry had timestamp well before the crash. Is there another log I can check?

The MBC Log.  The server isn't really involved in this.

That error is unrelated and handled properly.  You need to see if there is an error reported in your Windows Event Log.

If you switch to chocolate does the crash still happen?

TheShanMan

So in other words, the error is not really an error? ;) Maybe it's worth considering changing the log level of that message so that users don't misinterpret it and think something is wrong.

It is an error it just isn't causing any problem in the program's operation and it is properly dealt with. 

That error is unrelated and handled properly.  You need to see if there is an error reported in your Windows Event Log.

If you switch to chocolate does the crash still happen?

I thought i mentioned that there were no windows events for the error which is why i uploaded the MBC log. 

Chocolate does not crash. Actually now that I've been using Chocolate a bit more, I am ready to ditch Breeze because if this issue.

Okay, you may have.  Sorry, a lot of different people reporting in here and only one of them I think has been able to find an error in the event log.  Very strange.

In any case, I do believe that somehow it is related to some common piece of code in Lee's themes but cannot figure out what.  Although, since Lee is the one who originally reported this issue, I would think he should be able to trace it through the debugger and find it pretty quickly.

Senordroolcup

I've got the same crashing at the end of playing an .mkv (DVD and BluRay isos are OK) when using the ROC theme. Seems OK with Chocolate. Nothing suspicious in the log and nothing in the Event Viewer.

Update:

While running Chocolate everything is solid as rock ("rock", "ROC" not so much  ;)). Chocolate is looking good these days! Gonna stick with it!

Edited by Senordroolcup

• 2 months later...
firestorm213

I'm also having this issue.  What information can I provide to help.  This happens only a few minutes into playing any videos.  So in other words if I play with intros by the time my intros are done I'm dumped back into WMC and it doesn't play my Movie.  I've also noticed about 2-3 minutes into playing a movie that I lose the controls from the theme and if I stop the movie at this point it throws the error about mediabrowser not responding.  I'm using the Breeze theme.

• 4 months later...
AdamJD75

I have the same problem.  If I press stop on my remote or back Emby freezes.  I then have to use Task Manager to close WMC.  I've tried Chocolate but that has the same result.  Also, after restarting Emby if I try to play the iso again it freezes.  I have to go to the virtual drive and eject the virtual disc before Emby will play anything else.

I have the same problem.  If I press stop on my remote or back Emby freezes.  I then have to use Task Manager to close WMC.  I've tried Chocolate but that has the same result.  Also, after restarting Emby if I try to play the iso again it freezes.  I have to go to the virtual drive and eject the virtual disc before Emby will play anything else.

That's going to be a different issue and sounds like it is related to the ISO mounting software or whatever external player you are using.