MBC new UI crashes after playback

leedavies

Both of those events are actually Media Center crashing - not MBC.  Are you absolutely sure they are related to the new UI?

TheShanMan

I don't know about seanbuff's, but mine is a message about WMC crashing and restarting automatically. I'm almost positive that started when the new UI came in but when I get a chance I can try making the crash happen and, if I can reproduce reliably, try the same thing with the old UI.

That said, WMC definitely crashes for me if I try to use features in the info bar that pops up at the bottom (not sure what it's called), such as the zoom options.

seanbuff

Both of those events are actually Media Center crashing - not MBC.  Are you absolutely sure they are related to the new UI?

The only thing I can go off is that these crashes started 100% after switching to the new UI, and it's always around playback, not navigation.

divide_by_zero

After not updating the MBC client nor Breeze for several weeks, I updated everything over the weekend. Wow, UI overlay during playback is awesome. Unfortunately though there's a Media Browser crash that has occured 100% of the time when a video stops since upgrading. This happens whether or not I hit "stop", or if MBC reaches the end of the video file. 7MC itself doesn't crash - I'm just dumped out of the Media Browser Interface and back to the Media Center home screen.

Not running any extenders. LAV filters, same as TheShanMan above, so maybe that's a clue. Haven't yet tested with themes other than Breeze. Lemme know if logs or any other info would be helpful.

Thanks!

db0

Please test with the chocolate theme and also find the error in the windows event log.  Thx.

darengibo

I have exact issue described by divide_by_zero.  Wasn't sure if it was theme related or not...   currently using Crystal, but this happened with Chocolate as well.  

I have exact issue described by divide_by_zero.  Wasn't sure if it was theme related or not...   currently using Crystal, but this happened with Chocolate as well.  

Windows event log error when it happened with Chocolate...?

divide_by_zero

Howdy ebr. I'll test with Chocolate to capture logs. Do you want the entire application event log exported, or just a copy/paste of the single error, or....?

Thanks!

TheShanMan

Am I correct in understanding that if it crashes WMC there's not much I can provide in the way of logs? When seanbuff posted his log it sounded like it wasn't helpful since it was a WMC crash.

leedavies

Am I correct in understanding that if it crashes WMC there's not much I can provide in the way of logs? When seanbuff posted his log it sounded like it wasn't helpful since it was a WMC crash.

That's my experience too, yes.  Nothing useful is logged about the error - most of the time, NOTHING is logged about the error.

From what I've experienced using an Xbox extender, if you just start MediaBrowser again from the same extender session after getting the post-playback crash, then MB has problems loading images and just hangs pretty much as soon as you enter the first collection folder.  The crash seems to take out MB and you have to close Windows Media Center on the extender.

When you start Windows Media Center again on the extender, you get an error message saying the connection to the PC was lost and which you click Continue it does then connect ok.

Usually, yes, but let us make that determination just in case there is something useful.

And the Windows event log error?  That will contain the actual error.

@@leedavies do you hook the Application.Playbackfinished event and, if so, what do you do in it?

EpicPhattz

Hi Guys,

I have the same problem on 3 of my media centres whereby when the video ends media browser crashes and I get sent back to the WMC home screen.  I have tested this with Breeze, ROC and Xenon.  It would also occasionally happen when pushing the stop button.

I did take a look once at the windows logs and the MB3 logs and noticed in both that there was a reference to "JSON" when this happend, a bit vague right now but I will get get a copy of both logs and post ASAP.

leedavies

And the Windows event log error?  That will contain the actual error.

@@leedavies do you hook the Application.Playbackfinished event and, if so, what do you do in it?

No I don't use the Playbackfinished event.

leedavies

What is Jasmio?

That error is not coming from us.

This scenario ties up with what's been observed with themes failing to load resources after something has played in the new UI.  It's almost as though the environment gets messed up by the new player or something?  So resources/DLLs that were working fine before the new player UI runs, don't afterwards.

Turn off the new player UI and the things that didn't work suddenly start working.  It does seem to point to the new UI being the cause.

This error occurs four days after the MBC log you posted so I'm not sure it is relevant to anything here.

Can you please reproduce the error and then post the MBC log and Windows event log error from the same session?

I still have never seen a confirmed report of this happening with any theme other than Aztec, Breeze et. al. which points to something that is done in common code by those themes but the lack of real errors being posted and the fact I cannot reproduce this make it really tough to diagnose.

cbenard

When I play any video (this has been going on for about a week), I get a message saying "The media browser 3 program has stopped. ..." And when I end the video playback I have to reload MB.

This is the UI log that leads up to the error:

2014-08-07 06:56:00.6794,Info,,Internal Player about to play 141 - ....mkv) ,47,Worker thread for Play Action
2014-08-07 06:56:00.7084,Info,,Internal Player playing 141 - ...,47,Worker thread for Play Action
2014-08-07 06:56:00.7264,Debug,,Calling MediaCenterEnvironment.PlayMedia,1,Application
2014-08-07 06:56:01.2335,Debug,,Going fullscreen,1,Application
2014-08-07 06:56:01.3155,Debug,,HandlePropertyChange has recognized that playback has started,1,Application
2014-08-07 06:56:01.3985,Debug,,Playstate changed to Playing for 141 - ...,, PositionTicks:0,, Playlist Index:0,1,Application
2014-08-07 06:56:01.3995,Debug,,Back from PlayStateChanged,1,Application
2014-08-07 06:56:01.4975,Debug,,MediaCenterEnvironment_PropertyChanged: MediaExperience,1,Application
2014-08-07 06:56:01.5435,Debug,,MediaCenterEnvironment_PropertyChanged: MediaExperience,1,Application
2014-08-07 06:56:01.6595,Debug,,MediaCenterEnvironment_PropertyChanged: MediaExperience,1,Application
2014-08-07 06:56:01.7025,Debug,,MediaCenterEnvironment_PropertyChanged: MediaExperience,1,Application
2014-08-07 06:56:01.7455,Debug,,MediaCenterEnvironment_PropertyChanged: MediaExperience,1,Application
2014-08-07 06:56:01.9435,Error,,Unhandled Exception.  Application terminating. ( Exception.  Type=Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException Msg=After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: M. Path 'Data.NowPlayingItem.ChapterImagesItemId',, line 1,, position 2146. Src=Newtonsoft.Json Method=ParsePostValue Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParsePostValue() [n]    at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadInternal() [n]    at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read() [n]    at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonWriter.WriteToken(JsonReader reader,, Int32 initialDepth,, Boolean writeChildren,, Boolean writeDateConstructorAsDate) [n]    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateJObject(JsonReader reader) [n]    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader,, Type objectType,, JsonContract contract,, JsonProperty member,, JsonContainerContract containerContract,, JsonProperty containerMember,, Object existingValue) [n]    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader,, Type objectType,, JsonContract contract,, JsonProperty member,, JsonContainerContract containerContract,, JsonProperty containerMember,, Object existingValue) [n]    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(JsonProperty property,, JsonConverter propertyConverter,, JsonContainerContract containerContract,, JsonProperty containerProperty,, JsonReader reader,, Object target) [n]    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject,, JsonReader reader,, JsonObjectContract contract,, JsonProperty member,, String id) [n]    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader,, Type objectType,, JsonContract contract,, JsonProperty member,, JsonContainerContract containerContract,, JsonProperty containerMember,, Object existingValue) [n]    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader,, Type objectType,, JsonContract contract,, JsonProperty member,, JsonContainerContract containerContract,, JsonProperty containerMember,, Object existingValue) [n]    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader,, Type objectType,, Boolean checkAdditionalContent) [n]    at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader,, Type objectType) [n]    at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value,, Type type,, JsonSerializerSettings settings) [n]    at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value,, JsonSerializerSettings settings) [n]    at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value) [n]    at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.NewtonsoftJsonSerializer.DeserializeFromString[T](String text) [n]    at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.WebSocket.BaseApiWebSocket.OnMessageReceived(Byte[] bytes) [n]    at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.WebSocket.WebSocket4NetClientWebSocket.websocket_MessageReceived(Object sender,, MessageReceivedEventArgs e) [n]    at WebSocket4Net.WebSocket.FireMessageReceived(String message) [n]    at WebSocket4Net.WebSocket.ExecuteCommand(WebSocketCommandInfo commandInfo) [n]    at WebSocket4Net.WebSocket.OnDataReceived(Byte[] data,, Int32 offset,, Int32 length) [n]    at SuperSocket.ClientEngine.ClientSession.OnDataReceived(Byte[] data,, Int32 offset,, Int32 length) [n]    at SuperSocket.ClientEngine.AsyncTcpSession.ProcessReceive(SocketAsyncEventArgs e) [n]    at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.OnCompleted(SocketAsyncEventArgs e) [n]    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData) [n]    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code,, CleanupCode backoutCode,, Object userData) [n]    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext,, ContextCallback callback,, Object state) [n]    at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.FinishOperationSuccess(SocketError socketError,, Int32 bytesTransferred,, SocketFlags flags) [n]    at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode,, UInt32 numBytes,, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped) [n]    at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode,, UInt32 numBytes,, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP) ),5,
2014-08-07 06:56:07.7438,Debug,,MediaCenterEnvironment_PropertyChanged: MediaExperience,1,Application
2014-08-07 06:56:07.7898,Debug,,MediaCenterEnvironment_PropertyChanged: MediaExperience,1,Application

Thanks.
Edited by cbenard

Cheesegeezer

@@cbenard Please can you post up full logs please. Also state which version of MBC and Server you are using.

Also can you post up your eventviewer log too.

If your stuck, see my signature on how to report a problem.

Many Thanks, the more info we get the better.

Edited by Cheesegeezer