Poor quality thumbnails with DLNA

MIDORIJIN

MIDORIJIN

Hello,

I encounter a small problem (nothing serious, but quite annoying all the same) with the DLNA part of emby.

Being on plex, but wishing to completely migrate to emby (much more configurable and being less problematic in certain respects than plex), I encounter a problem with the quality of the thumbnails of my media via DLNA.

Indeed, under plex, my thumbnails are of very good quality, but under emby, they are hyper pixelated and we hardly recognize the image of the thumbnails, which is of course quite annoying (especially with a VR device).

So I would like to know if there is a way to solve the problem (I looked in all the options, but saw nothing related to it) or if it is a bug.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Cordially.

MIDORIJIN

Hi

I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (with GearVR and the Pigasus app which is my main use of DLNA) and an LG 42LG652V TV (just to verify that the problem is not only on my smartphone).

MIDORIJIN

Hello,

Sorry to not have answered earlier, quite busy these last days.

After a little complicated photo session (impossible to have very straight photos with my gear vr, and yet, I took quite a few).

So here, even if the order of the films does not come out the same between plex and emby, there are still most of the films which are identical on the images.

First of all, I would of course like to point out that I of course recovered "exactly" the same images in the same quality so that the rendering is not distorted.

As we can see, on the plex server, the images are sharper (it is much more visible on the titles of aladdin, alien 3, anastasia and ant-man, even the general image of anastasia comes out completely blurred. with emby on the photo).

And of course, that applies to absolutely all the thumbails of films, series, manga, photo, audio album ... well, everything.

If still the difference in quality was not too annoying, it could pass, but with the gear vr on the head, the thumbnails are really completely blurred (they stand out a little better on the photos I took) to the point of completely unrecognizable if we do not know what it is supposed to be.

So here is.

Hoping for a solution to my problem.

Thank you in advance.

emby.png

plex.png

Edited by MIDORIJIN