Playback issues HDR10+

Painkiller8818

Painkiller8818

Hi,

I have problems playing HDR10+ Content with the Emby for Samsung App on my Q90R

I can't watch any movies with HDR10+

i just get some pink squares looking like a graphic error.

Isn't HDR10+ supported yet?

FrostByte

I'm watching Alien right now which is HDR10+.  Is your movie transcoding by chance?

Painkiller8818
2 hours ago, FrostByte said:

I'm watching Alien right now which is HDR10+.  Is your movie transcoding by chance?

Not the Video, only the audio because Samsung no longer supports dts etc..

FrostByte

Odd.  Even when direct streaming my HDR10+ still looks good.  I've tried profile A and profile B remux movies and they both work.

Do you have the latest firmware?  I think it's 1351 now.

As a test can you try choosing an audio track which is compatible with your TV?  AC3, or eac3 and see if it's any different when direct playing

SamES

Some 4k content will do this when the audio is converted.  This is because the video stream still needs to be chopped up and sent in segments with the converted audio stream.  I suspect it is HEVC/x265 that you are using and it really needs a different streaming approach as far as I'm aware, so audio conversion doesn't always work for this type of content.

It is not just HDR10+ that is an issue

Edited by SamES
  • Like 1

Painkiller8818
15 hours ago, SamES said:

Some 4k content will do this when the audio is converted.  This is because the video stream still needs to be chopped up and sent in segments with the converted audio stream.  I suspect it is HEVC/x265 that you are using and it really needs a different streaming approach as far as I'm aware, so audio conversion doesn't always work for this type of content.

It is not just HDR10+ that is an issue

hm ok. yeah sure it is h265, it is always that codec on 4k content. i keep an eye on that. thanks