IChannel - searchable?

Anthony Musgrove
Go to solution Solved by Anthony Musgrove,

Anthony Musgrove

Hi all,

just a general question regarding implementing a channel.  I've implemented the channel using IChannel, and it works great.

I'd like to know if it were possible to include the Channel in the Emby Search engine.  I found the ISearchableChannel interface, however I've noticed it doesn't implement any functions.  I figured maybe it was ISupportsMediaProbe, that also doesn't implement anything.

If anyone has experience with Channel development and could shed some light that'd be great.  I basically want it searchable, so the user types something into the search box, and Emby queries my Channel (ie, a Search function within IChannel)

Maybe @chef has had some experience with this one.

Thankyou so much

Edited by Anthony.Musgrove

• Solution
Anthony Musgrove

Nevermind, I figured this one out myself.  For anyone else wondering, IChannel automatically supports search functionality.  In my example, I found that it searched for the Media Items, not Folders.

The search function does not get routed to your plugin, but rather, once content is imported, then it will be handled by the core search.

Anthony Musgrove
9 hours ago, Luke said:

The search function does not get routed to your plugin, but rather, once content is imported, then it will be handled by the core search.

Thank you mate, makes a lot more sense now :)