Manual Subtitle Downloads dose not work

Mohammednt0
Go to solution Solved by rechigo,

Mohammednt0

Good Day,

problem.1 Manual Subtitle Downloads dose not work, i followed this tutorial but still it doesn't work, i always get this error, (i'm using opensubtitles plugin)

There was an error processing the request. Please try again later.

Problem.2: i also noticed something strange the search function sometimes work and sometimes doesn't !

in other words: when i try to search for subtitles for a specific movie and click search emby will find many subtitles, after few minutes i go back to that same movie and i try again to search for subtitles and emby will find nothing !, and message will show-up says

No results found. Have you configured subtitle downloading?

i did configure the subtitle downloading, any idea on how to solve these 2 problems?

Regards,

Mohammednt0

Edited by Mohammednt0

rechigo

It's hard to tell with just the information given as it could be a variety of things causing it. Would you be able to attach some server logs from around the time when you tried downloading subtitles?

Mohammednt0
32 minutes ago, rechigo said:

It's hard to tell with just the information given as it could be a variety of things causing it. Would you be able to attach some server logs from around the time when you tried downloading subtitles?

i hope this help to figure out the problem, please advise

embyserver.txt

embyserver-63727773378.txt hardware_detection-63727773436.txt embyserver-63727774784.txt hardware_detection-63727774802.txt embyserver-63727776000.txt

Edited by Mohammednt0

• Solution
rechigo
I believe this is the issue
2020-06-14 23:34:13.090 Error SubtitleManager: Error downloading subtitles from Open Subtitles
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.4.3.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Abu-Abbas\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Runtime: file:///C:/Users/Abu-Abbas/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	System.Environment.Version: 3.1.4
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: C:\Users\Abu-Abbas\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application directory: C:\Users\Abu-Abbas\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.RateLimitExceededException: MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.RateLimitExceededException: OpenSubtitles rate limit reached
	   at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleDownloader.SendRequestAsync(ReadOnlyMemory`1 request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleDownloader.Login(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleDownloader.Search(SubtitleSearchRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Subtitles.SubtitleManager.<>c__DisplayClass17_0.<<SearchSubtitles>b__3>d.MoveNext()
	Source: OpenSubtitles
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Open Subtitles only allows you to download a certain amount of subtitles within a 24 hour window, for free accounts I believe it is 100. You could try with a new account, wait until the next day (24h), purchase an opensubtitles VIP account (1000 subs/24hours), or try some other subtitle providers that Emby has which can all be found in the catalog (with the exception of subscene), such as subscene (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/83501-new-plugin-subscene-subtitle/), addic7ted, subdb, podnapisi and napisub

Mohammednt0
15 hours ago, rechigo said:

I believe this is the issue

2020-06-14 23:34:13.090 Error SubtitleManager: Error downloading subtitles from Open Subtitles
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.4.3.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Abu-Abbas\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Runtime: file:///C:/Users/Abu-Abbas/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	System.Environment.Version: 3.1.4
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: C:\Users\Abu-Abbas\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application directory: C:\Users\Abu-Abbas\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.RateLimitExceededException: MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.RateLimitExceededException: OpenSubtitles rate limit reached
	   at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleDownloader.SendRequestAsync(ReadOnlyMemory`1 request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleDownloader.Login(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleDownloader.Search(SubtitleSearchRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Subtitles.SubtitleManager.<>c__DisplayClass17_0.<<SearchSubtitles>b__3>d.MoveNext()
	Source: OpenSubtitles
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Open Subtitles only allows you to download a certain amount of subtitles within a 24 hour window, for free accounts I believe it is 100. You could try with a new account, wait until the next day (24h), purchase an opensubtitles VIP account (1000 subs/24hours), or try some other subtitle providers that Emby has which can all be found in the catalog (with the exception of subscene), such as subscene (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/83501-new-plugin-subscene-subtitle/), addic7ted, subdb, podnapisi and napisub

thanks, you are right i just tested it, it worked !