Playback Problems Emby for Kodi (Kodi 18.7)

Painkiller8818
Go to solution Solved by TeamB,

Painkiller8818

Hi,

Emby Server: 4.4.3.0 running on Windows 10
Client Hardware Vero4k+ (OSMC)
System: Kodi 18.7 on OSMC (Debian Linux with Kernel 3.4 and one with Kernel 4.9)

I have some issues to playback content with Emby for Kodi in the latest stable with Kodi 18.7

The Playback doesn't start, it is like the play button isn't working (no loading circle or other GUI Notification, and after a few tries pushing play i get the Message that at least one object is unplayable

In the Kodi log i see the following error:

2020-06-14 15:04:00.880 T:4064546816   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [http://127.0.0.1:57578/emby/kodi/movies/39567/file.strm?KodiId=1018&Name=Phantastische+Tierwesen+Grindelwalds+Verbrechen.mkv&Id=39567]
2020-06-14 15:04:00.887 T:3500131040  NOTICE: EMBY.hooks.monitor -> -->[ q:monitor/Playlist.OnAdd ]
2020-06-14 15:04:00.888 T:3500131040  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.monitor -> {u'item': {u'type': u'movie', u'id': 1018}, u'playlistid': 1, 'MonitorMethod': 'Playlist.OnAdd', u'position': 0}

This only happens with the "Emby for Kodi", i installed the Embycon for a test and there it is working.

Please tell me if you need some more infos. I can also upload a full log but i think i need to sanitize it because the sessionID and auth token for emby is in the kodi logfiles ;)

thanks

Painkiller8818
On 6/14/2020 at 7:26 PM, Luke said:

Hi there, please attach the kodi and log and emby server log. thanks.

Hi, sure here are the logs.

Info: the 192.168.1.15 is my player, the .3 is just the macbook for the log extract ;)

Thanks.

kodi.log embyserver.txt

Edited by Painkiller8818

Painkiller8818

It seems the tread notifications are not working anymore since the board update.

My Post is still unanswered since i uploaded the logs:

I've merged the topics so that we can keep relevant discussion in one place. Thanks.

Painkiller8818

Anything new so i can solve the Problem and use my Kodi again?

Thanks

Is the development on Emby for Kodi discontinued?

Edit: Sorry wrong thread.

Edited by peffe
wrong thread

Painkiller8818
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Do you have any other Kodi addons installed?

yes i have other addons installed, like plex (but the stand alone addon) not the one patching into the local db.

Painkiller8818
On 6/23/2020 at 10:42 PM, Luke said:

Have you tried EmbyCon? Are you able to play from that?

Yes with EmbyCon it is working and i am able to play the movies. But i don't like it because it is much slower and it doesn't play pre rolls or  import all my Tags to show all Icons i added to the skin (Dolby Vision, DTS:X) etc. my skin can recorgnize and show all that, but with EmbyCon it isn't working

Edited by Painkiller8818

Painkiller8818
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the add-on?

not exactly but i resetted the database within the addon and it was recreated. but i can try to completely uninstall and reinstall it.

TeamB
On 6/26/2020 at 4:29 AM, Painkiller8818 said:

But i don't like it because it is much slower

Unfortunately yes it will be slower than the native built in dB sync approaches.

it doesn't play pre rolls

What is a pre roll?

import all my Tags to show all Icons i added to the skin (Dolby Vision, DTS:X) etc. my skin can recorgnize and show all that, but with EmbyCon it isn't working

How are you adding these tags? Do you know if this info is available in emby? Where is the skin getting info from, is it in the item info labels?

Painkiller8818
8 hours ago, TeamB said:

What is a pre roll?

Short Movies or Intros before the main Movie is played

How are you adding these tags? Do you know if this info is available in emby? Where is the skin getting info from, is it in the item info labels?

In the Emby Metadata you can add Tags like 4K, HDR10+, Dolby Vision etc. whatever you want. And in Kodi i created my own skin and it can work with this Tags and show the correct pictures if a movie has Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X etc..

flagging.jpg

So you can see the Emby for Kodi is using or sending these Tags to Kodi like it should be. But in the EmbyCon it doesn't work, i only can use the Tags for Sorting/Filtering but they are not used to display Video or Audio flags.

Edited by Painkiller8818

Painkiller8818
9 minutes ago, TeamB said:

In your skin what are you using to get the Tags info? What InfoLabel?

ListItem.Tag

And if you also could get the Intros before the Main Movie to work i would be fully happy, sure it is a bit slower, but it is always working.

Edited by Painkiller8818

TeamB

Try Beta 1.9.95, I have added tags to the ListItems.

What kind of intros are they? Like adds, or previews, or last time on TV Show X sort of thing?

Painkiller8818
1 minute ago, TeamB said:

Try Beta 1.9.95, I have added tags to the ListItems.

What kind of intros are they? Like adds, or previews, or last time on TV Show X sort of thing?

ok thanks i will try.

I am talking about the Emby Feature "Cinema Intros" they don't work with EmbyCon but with the other Emby Addon and the Player or on my Samsung Native Emby App etc.

Painkiller8818

I updated to the new beta version but i don't see any of my tags in the Mediainfo screen. -- FIXED

Maybe i need to reset the whole Addon again?

EDIT: i reinstalled the EmbyCon completely, now it is working.

Thanks for that.

Edited by Painkiller8818

TeamB
37 minutes ago, Painkiller8818 said:

I am talking about the Emby Feature "Cinema Intros" they don't work with EmbyCon but with the other Emby Addon and the Player or on my Samsung Native Emby App etc.

Cinema Intros, I will look it up.

23 minutes ago, Painkiller8818 said:

but i don't see any of my tags in the Mediainfo screen

I think you have it sorted not. But I forgot to mention you may need to reset your cached data, you can do that under the EmbyCon menu in the Addon actions area.

• Solution
TeamB
16 hours ago, Painkiller8818 said:

I am talking about the Emby Feature "Cinema Intros" they don't work with EmbyCon

I have added Cinema intros to EmbyCon in the latest beta 1.9.96, its disabled by default, you can turn it on in the EmbyCon settings under playback

I had a play with this (Cinema Intros) and can not think why anyone would want this, when I want to watch a movie I want that movie, I dont want trailers to play first, it is so weird that people do this.

It looks to be  using remote trailers, I dont have any local so not sure what happens then, but it can be slow to start playing them in my testing, this look like it is all server side delay. The experience might be different if you have local trailers to play from but I dont know.

Edited by TeamB

Painkiller8818
4 hours ago, TeamB said:

I have added Cinema intros to EmbyCon in the latest beta 1.9.96, its disabled by default, you can turn it on in the EmbyCon settings under playback

I had a play with this (Cinema Intros) and can not think why anyone would want this, when I want to watch a movie I want that movie, I dont want trailers to play first, it is so weird that people do this.

It looks to be  using remote trailers, I dont have any local so not sure what happens then, but it can be slow to start playing them in my testing, this look like it is all server side delay. The experience might be different if you have local trailers to play from but I dont know.

Thanks i will test it.

I use my own trailers so eg. i created my own "Disney Intro" but instead of Disney it displays Painkiller Cinema presents, and if i have other ppl using my Server they really find it cool and it is a bit like a branding like the Netflix Logo before all movies. Just a short movie not a 2 min Trailer of Cinema movies :)

Thanks for adding this, i let you know how it works