Apple TV login

al92780

al92780

Server uses self-signed ssl for remote users, works fine. When I open Apple TV 4K app I am given a pin and to use browser to go to the EMBY pin page.  There I input my EMBY admin user name and password. Then refresh pin and input it.  I get a pin confirmed message. After a login screen appears I input name and WP again and receive a connection failure. Tried my url. Https://al92780.hopto.org:8920 failed.  Is what is causing problem?

corey

Hey I’m sorry to hear this is happening. Would you grant me Connect access to your server so I can try it out? 

Thanks!

al92780

I am back in correct account.

[redacted]

Thanks

Edited by ebr
Removed sensitive info

corey

@al92780 --

It looks like your server is setup with an untrusted/self-signed SSL certificate. Emby for Apple TV currently does not support connecting to servers with self-signed certificates.

al92780

If the Apple TV is on the same local network as the EMBY server why doesn’t it use the 8096 port?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, al92780 said:

If the Apple TV is on the same local network as the EMBY server why doesn’t it use the 8096 port?

It will if everything is configured properly - depending on exactly how you are connecting to it.  What happens if you manually specify the IP address and port?

al92780

didn't work. used iMAC ip, with and without 8096 port and w/wo http.  changed EMBY server to secure preferred not required.  I am trying to get a real cert but having problems also.

Thanks for help

Al