Live TV EPG Channel Mapping

mev
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

Hi,

I am presently using 3 different EPG sources to match up an EPG to all of my channels

It works incredibly well except for one channel which auto populated a channel (which is incorrect) I have since located the correct channel on another list and selected it, however I am unable to de-select the automatic populated entry from Channel Mapping.

Is there any way I can remove this either via emby backend or manually via editing a file?

Thanks

• Solution

No need to try and remove it (difficult) if you have already identified the correct channel it should be.  Just go the guide that has it, Edit the channel guides for that channel and select the correct one.  This will overwrite the incorrect entry.

Let us know if you have any trouble after trying this.

• Like 1

mark-in-dallas

If I understand correctly, you would also be using 3 separate TV Sources too then, correct?  If so and there are channels that overlap, do you have the ability to remove the incorrectly identified channel from the source?  If that is the case and you do not have the ability to remove the overlapping channel from the source that incorrectly mapped it, one of the guru's may be able to tell you how to remove it from the database, but that's well beyond me.

I'm also going to guess that at least one of those sources is an M3U file or link?  If that that is the case and you are using the URL provided by the IPTV provider, what you could do, and what I've done myself is to download the M3U file and create separate M3U files with different channel lineups that can then by associated with different EPG Sources.  It's a bit of a pain, but it only need to be done one time. 

I also use a third party provider that allows me to hide or delete channels that I don't want and reorder the ones that I do, and creates an M3U link with the channel lineup.  There are only a couple of channels that I wasn't able to map to a single EPG Source, and for those channels I hid them in the third party app and created individual M3U files for those channels and mapped them to a different source.

Edited by mark-in-dallas
  • Like 1

You can have many different sources (cable, OTA, IPTV) and combinations of them and many different EPG sources for them as well.  In Emby you can add a guide source and make it available for all tuners or only selected tuners.

What you can't do easily in Emby is remove an incorrect guide to channel match.  You can change it to another guide channel however.

@mark-in-dallas he could also be using just one IPTV source but had to pick three different EPG souces to match that lineup.  Quite common in the states to:

1. East Coast Feed

2. West Coast Feed

3. Your local lineup

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cayars said:

No need to try and remove it (difficult) if you have already identified the correct channel it should be.  Just go the guide that has it, Edit the channel guides for that channel and select the correct one.  This will overwrite the incorrect entry.

Let us know if you have any trouble after trying this.

Thanks this worked - both show as selected but the most recent selection seems to be the one that has taken effect.

Thanks a mill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mark-in-dallas said:

If I understand correctly, you would also be using 3 separate TV Sources too then, correct?  If so and there are channels that overlap, do you have the ability to remove the incorrectly identified channel from the source?  If that is the case and you do not have the ability to remove the overlapping channel from the source that incorrectly mapped it, one of the guru's may be able to tell you how to remove it from the database, but that's well beyond me.

I'm also going to guess that at least one of those sources is an M3U file or link?  If that that is the case and you are using the URL provided by the IPTV provider, what you could do, and what I've done myself is to download the M3U file and create separate M3U files with different channel lineups that can then by associated with different EPG Sources.  It's a bit of a pain, but it only need to be done one time. 

I also use a third party provider that allows me to hide or delete channels that I don't want and reorder the ones that I do, and creates an M3U link with the channel lineup.  There are only a couple of channels that I wasn't able to map to a single EPG Source, and for those channels I hid them in the third party app and created individual M3U files for those channels and mapped them to a different source.

I am using two sources, one is a HDHomerun for TV that is available by antenna. This seems to work by default with Emby, it just picks up the ones I mark as fave on the HDHomerun interface.

The other source I use is a Sat>IP system (Telestar Digibit R1) which takes a satellite feed. This uses a M3U file but I run it through TVHeadend first to generate the M3U as TVHeadend has good Sat>IP support and it allows me to force English language on the audio. I can also hide/show channels easily using it.

The reason I use three EPG feeds is because the first feed is Irish TV, the second is UK Satellite (most of the channels) and the third feed is a couple of UK channels missing from the other feed. It seems to be working reasonably well, I was just really unsure about having two items selected for one specific channel as I could not de-select it.

• 10 months later...