TV channels are out of order

deallier

deallier

Hi

since a resent Emby Android TV update all my TV channels are out of order

i used to have them all in order using the sort title to do this so i had all the UK TV then further down i had all the French TV then Italian then Danish etc...

now on the Emby Android TV app the only sort order options are (Last played , Channel number , or Play count )  all of which are useless because i use M3u files so it picks up the channel number at the end of each link  ex 17288.ts , 438.ts so there is no way i can change them and put them in some kind of order, before i used the sort Title in the metadata manager on the server to set the order using simple number groups 1 - 200 for uk Channels 201-400 for French Channels and it worked great ,

so in the next update can you please restore that that option in the App (sort by Title )

thank you    

Ronnyen79

There still is a "sort by name" option in the guide tab, but not the channels tab. This was removed by an update and messed the channels in "Channels Tab" of Live TV. So in short, before both tabs had: Last Played, Channel number, name and Play count as an option. Now that option is only for the Guide section while Channels section have Last Played, Channel Number and Play Count as filter option. 

This change, weird change i must say, i would really like reverted. Funny thing is that it remains unchanged and as it should be when using web browser(there "name" is displayed as "Title"). It is just the Apps i use on Samsung, Firestick and Nvidia Shield that the "Name" option is missing from Channels Section. 

Edited by Ronnyen79
Addition to the explanation

deallier

Hi

i have the latest version of the App

the sort by name is no good because in the UK the first cannels are the BBC channels but you have other channels that would be top of the list like 5spike  5 star,  and ITV that is the third Channel in the UK would be down near the bottom, the same with the French Cannels, so in sort we really need to have the (sort by Title ) back on the Apps

but good work you guys been using  Emby for over 3 Years now

thank you

Ronnyen79

Sort by name and sort by title is same thing, and if you have numbered it like you explained in the first post, in the TV Guide you should get the same order as you had it. I use same method as you, i sorted from 1-300 and in Channels Tab for Live TV it is all messed up, but when i open Guide while watching a channels(Still set to sort by Name), it is 100% as i set it up. 

If you open the server in web browser and go to channels and sort by title, you will see the numbering is correctly follow. Web browser and channel tab is the place i set up my numbering. They just need to get the 4th option back in the channel tab on apps for Android devices(Shield, Firestick etc), my Phone app works correct, and everything is fine imo. 

Ah, yes, I see.  Thanks.  We'll have to fix that in the next beta round.  The current one is already in Google review and I do not want to stop that process (which is very slow).  For now, you should be able to use the guide to see the channels in the order you wish.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Ronnyen79
On 14/06/2020 at 16:31, ebr said:

Ah, yes, I see.  Thanks.  We'll have to fix that in the next beta round.  The current one is already in Google review and I do not want to stop that process (which is very slow).  For now, you should be able to use the guide to see the channels in the order you wish.

Hi.. 

2 Months in, 2 app updates in Google, and a fix as easy as this have still not been sorted. Have to say, more then just a little disappointed. Would have understood if this was some big new addition to the app, but this is adding back one part of a filter you have had as long as i been a user of this service, even worse is the fact that you state what you do. 

Personally i cant see any reasons for this not being fixed yet. Please get "sort by title" back in channels Tab of Live TV for Android apps(Shield, Firestick etc) as promised. Using the guide as the only option for this is not an excuse for not getting a mistake sorted, as i assume the removal of the option was not on purpose as that makes no sense. 

Edited by Ronnyen79

6 hours ago, Ronnyen79 said:

Hi.. 

2 Months in, 2 app updates in Google, and a fix as easy as this have still not been sorted. Have to say, more then just a little disappointed. Would have understood if this was some big new addition to the app, but this is adding back one part of a filter you have had as long as i been a user of this service, even worse is the fact that you state what you do. 

Personally i cant see any reasons for this not being fixed yet. Please get "sort by title" back in channels Tab of Live TV for Android apps(Shield, Firestick etc) as promised. Using the guide as the only option for this is not an excuse for not getting a mistake sorted, as i assume the removal of the option was not on purpose as that makes no sense. 

Hi. I apologize. That release I referenced in that post two months ago is actually the one that just finally made it out.  It was a grueling process.  We will get this fixed.

Thanks.

• Thanks 2

Ronnyen79
4 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi. I apologize. That release I referenced in that post two months ago is actually the one that just finally made it out.  It was a grueling process.  We will get this fixed.

Thanks.

Thank you for your quick responds. 

I might have missed a few steps in how your processes work, so i apologise for raising this while still waking up. 

Looking forward for the filter option to be added back, and while i am here, i will second many of the other posts you have been getting praising some of the newer additions like the green highlight bar in latest update. 

• 2 months later...
joeczucha

I've just downloaded the latest version of Emby on Android TV and the live channels are out of order. Was the fix for this never released or has there been a regression?

Ronnyen79

Well I have given up on these empty promises. Most likely easiest fix they have had for years, still wont bother to fix it. Every other device its fine on, so it is not like they do not know the coding needed to sort it. 

Seriously just shambles. If you don't bother fixing it, just say it. Empty promises is why people move away and search elsewhere. 

Ronnyen79
On 8/21/2020 at 4:36 PM, ebr said:

Thanks.

I must admit, saw updates on my Shield, was overjoyed that your promise would finally show on my device.. Not so much joy anymore. How hard is it really to add a filter to one part of your service that every other part have? Last time I apologised for being to quick, but now I actually believe that this was never being fixed, it is like come on, this isn't rocket science. It was there, it was removed by mistake. The same filter is in EPG Tab on the same device. It just needs to be added back to Channels tab.  I have it on other Devices, I have it in web browser. A obvious F*** Up should be resolved faster then this. And please do not blame Google anymore, just tell it as it is. June 14th you was made aware and understood. New apps have been developed faster this..