Collections still missing

kaledi

kaledi

Hello,

I've upgraded to the latest server version for the PR4100 hoping that the missing movies from collections has been resolved, but it hasn't.  I still have a couple of collections that are incomplete.  They are recognised if I move them to a new location, but as soon as I return them to their original location they go missing.  How can I remove all trace of these movies in the database so I get emby to recognise them as new entries into the library?

Hi, what do you mean by "still" ? Can you please go over an example? Thanks.

Happy2Play

Sounds like a path issue within your database.  If so you really only have two options, unless you are willing to poke around in the database.

Move media to a new folder path or a new library.db.  If you choice to move media you will have to manually update paths in the collection.xml files or delete them and allow the to be rebuilt by the Auto Box set plugin.

But note all userdata resides in your library.db, but can be backed up and restored via the Server Configuration Backup plugin.

kaledi
On 6/15/2020 at 8:32 AM, Luke said:

Hi, what do you mean by "still" ? Can you please go over an example? Thanks.

This was the original conversation that I posted back in February.  The recent server updates have improved the situation and currently it is only a couple of collections that are incomplete.

I will attempt to delete reference to the movies from the xml file and see how I get on, but it does appear that there continues to be a database issue of some kind.

kaledi

Hi - can someone remind me what I need on my windows machine to navigate and browse the emby folder on the PR4100.  I'm specifically looking for the collection.xml file

kaledi

OK - worked out how to navigate to the appropriate folders.

Using the one collection that doesn't appear correctly now, and this consists of 4 films.  Currently, only one film is seen in the collection.

So I attempted the following

Moved the movies to an alternate location that isn't part of a lbrary.  Did library scan and deleted the collections entry for the particular collection.

Did llibrary scan

Moved 4 movies back to their original location

Did library scan

The collection appeared with 4 movies as expected

I navigated back to to the collection and 3 of the movies had disappeared leaving the one movie in the collection!

The xml file shows the 4 movies and their correct locations

• 3 weeks later...

Can you post the contents of the collection file and the present location of those 4 files?

• 4 weeks later...
kaledi

Apologies for the delay in response.  I've attached the collections xml file for the Harry Potter collection.   I have all 8 films, but only 3 (the last 3) appear in the collectioin.  I also note that if a movie doen't correctly align to a collection, it is impossible to add it to a playlist.  I use playlists a convenient and dynamic container to easily manage downloads of movies to different devices.

As a reminder, the overall isssue as suggested is that various collections do not capture a whole series of movies.  Many collections are correct, but quite a few are not. I have a movie folder and several subfolders to manage the size of the subfolder e.g. Movies ABCD, Movies EFGH etc.  Each movie is contained within it's own folder as naming convention suggests.  I have multiple file formats / encodes of the same movie in the folder, all correctly named.  The only work around I've found is to move the movies to another subfolder within Movies so for example if the movie 'should be contained' within Movies ABCD and I move it to Movies EFGH it will correctly show the whole collection.  This bug is very frustrating at the moment on a number of different levels.

collection.xml

Happy2Play
19 minutes ago, kaledi said:

I have multiple file formats / encodes of the same movie in the folder, all correctly named.  The only work around I've found is to move the movies to another subfolder within Movies so for example if the movie 'should be contained' within Movies ABCD and I move it to Movies EFGH it will correctly show the whole collection.

This would suggest a problem/corruption in the database as mentioned in post 3. 

If you removed the media (all Harry Potter movies) the collection disappears, correct?

Now ensure the collection is deleted from Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections folder

Does any movies still appear if you did a Search for Harry Potter?

If you added the media back with only one version for each movie is the collection created properly?

At what point adding the remaining versions does the collection break if previous step worked?

But from what you have described, only new libraries or a new database will truly resolve your issue.  As this issue require all item entries to be removed and it would not appear to be happening in this case.  That is why a new path fixes the issue.  So Emby would have to nuke this database to fix this said bug in your case.

Edited by Happy2Play

kaledi

OK, so I have two options to try.  Remove the library and add it again, and I assume changing the path names of the movies would help here.

If I need to nuke the library.  What would be easiest way to do so?  Uninstall from the WD PR4100 and then re-install?

I do back up the library, so presumably I could re-instate the exisiting library if I so wished?

Happy2Play
22 minutes ago, kaledi said:

OK, so I have two options to try.  Remove the library and add it again, and I assume changing the path names of the movies would help here.

If I need to nuke the library.  What would be easiest way to do so?  Uninstall from the WD PR4100 and then re-install?

I do back up the library, so presumably I could re-instate the exisiting library if I so wished?

Removing and re-adding the library is not enough as there would appear to be rouge database entries for that specific path, so yes new library path would be required.

Easiest route would be removing all problem libraries, move or rename library parent folder.  Re-add library.

Do you use the Server Configuration Backup plugin?

If so, shutdown Emby and go to \programdata\data\library.db (get general path location from dashboard paths section or from server log) and rename the file, start Emby and Restore only Users and Userdata, then perform a library scan.  This will start you with a New database.

Edited by Happy2Play