EmbyCon for Kodi 19 Matrix

TeamB

TeamB

I just finished merging and releasing the latest beta build for Kodi 19 Matrix.

This is the latest Python3 version with all the latest changes from the current version.

To install it you can use the beta repository and using the power of magic it will automatically install the correct version when you are using the latest nightly builds of Kodi 19 matrix.

For testing grab the latest nightly build of Kodi 19 from:
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/windows/win64/master/

And install the Beta repo, then install EmbyCon (1.10.4):
http://kodi.emby.tv/

Report bugs, have fun.

EricGRIT09

Apologies if I'm missing something very obvious as this is my first attempt in 2 years at using Kodi and I'm not well versed at installing add-ons, making sure my repos are correct etc.

I've done a fresh install of the most recent nightly build of Kodi using your link above.  I then add http://kodi.emby.tv as a source, then get the beta repo from there.  When I go to the beta repo the only version of EmbyCon I find is 1.10.3.  This does install but once I go to connect to my Emby server, the addon crashes without logs (guessing this is due to old version and Kodi requiring Python 3 addons, thus this update).  

Can you steer me in the right direction here, by chance?

Riggs

I saw that the dependencies need to be installed before install some add-ons in the Kodi 19 and some Python 3 based new add-ons

Just for your records

TeamB
2 hours ago, EricGRIT09 said:

Apologies if I'm missing something very obvious as this is my first attempt in 2 years at using Kodi and I'm not well versed at installing add-ons, making sure my repos are correct etc.

I've done a fresh install of the most recent nightly build of Kodi using your link above.  I then add http://kodi.emby.tv as a source, then get the beta repo from there.  When I go to the beta repo the only version of EmbyCon I find is 1.10.3.  This does install but once I go to connect to my Emby server, the addon crashes without logs (guessing this is due to old version and Kodi requiring Python 3 addons, thus this update).  

Can you steer me in the right direction here, by chance?

All the Kodi 19 versions are 1.10.x so you have the correct repo installed just not the latest version of the add-on for some reason, I will check the repo to make sure it uploaded correctly.

When you say it crashed, do you mean Kofi crashed or the add-on threw an error?

TeamB
1 hour ago, Riggs said:

I saw that the dependencies need to be installed before install some add-ons in the Kodi 19 and some Python 3 based new add-ons

Just for your records

I will test this today and see if this the case for EmbyCon

EricGRIT09
Just now, TeamB said:

All the Kodi 19 versions are 1.10.x so you have the correct repo installed just not the latest version of the add-on for some reason, I will check the repo to make sure it uploaded correctly.

When you say it crashed, do you mean Kofi crashed or the add-on threw an error?

The add-on threw an error, then nothing in logs.  Same thing has happened when I try to install other unrelated add-ons which aren't designed for Python 3/Matrix.

TeamB

the 1.10.4 version should be available now, there was an issue caused by the recent Emby Web server updates that stopped the add-ons being correctly indexed.

Try 1.10.4 now and see if it helps.

• Like 1

EricGRIT09
23 hours ago, TeamB said:

the 1.10.4 version should be available now, there was an issue caused by the recent Emby Web server updates that stopped the add-ons being correctly indexed.

Try 1.10.4 now and see if it helps.

Works like a charm now - thanks a lot!

ManiacKill

Hello,

I installed on my Kodi 18 9.2.1 the repository.beta.emby.kodi-1.0.9.zip repository.emby.kodi-1.0.6.zip, then embycon 1.9.82. Since today I also get the update 1.0.1.4 for Kodi 19 which I can't install because of python 3. Normally this should only be displayed under Kodi 19 ?

TeamB

Looking into this now, I think something got released to the stable dir that should not have.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello and thank you for EmbyCon for Kodi 19 Matrix.

I installed everything several times, Emy sees my NAS server, after logging in, but nothing happens....
My movies from the server are NOT scanned and entered.

Under Kodi 18.9 everything runs smoothly.

Am I making a mistake somewhere?