[HDR10/Dolby Vision] Not working on my Huawei p30 Pro (Android)

CyberPoison

CyberPoison

Hi everyone i have a issue with my Emby App well I tested 3 (Movies) two with Dolby Vision and 1 without Dolby Vision but with HDR10

So I tested the movies but the image are not good (Brightness/Darks colors) in HDR10 or Dolby Vision (Dolby Vision doesn't works) I tested without DV but with HDR10 and the result in bad quality of the movie is running, so the quality is very bad (Bright/dark) it's only shows me than the HDR10 is not working. 

Or at least compared with plex (ExoPlayer) the quality is less better in (Brightness/Dark) on Emby (LibMpv) 

So LibMpv < exoplayer in terms of brightness and darks color but when I open the stream with a VLC all colors as ok so it only proof than the LibMpv is not able to reproduce well the HDR10 because of their issues on the colors 

[Dolby Vision With LibMpv]
i tried Dolby Vision but the screen still black and with plex works well, so i belive than the issue is from the (LibMpv) I really suggest to upgrade to Exoplayer. if possible.
I guess than LibMpv Doesn't support MP4 Dolby Vision content so this is why i suggest moving to Exoplayer (Natively) cuz the Exoplayer run MP4 Dolby Vision withtout any issue in the quality.
so i also noticed than the issue is really from the LibMpv cuz when i used "an external player" like VLC it worked well (Nice Brightness/Dark collors and etc...)

[HDR10 2160p]
the image still to be desirable because brightness and darks collor doesn't look at a real HDR10. i belive than it was a issue also with LibMpv.

Tested With the follow movies 

HDR10

image.thumb.png.de19aefb0040d3f2fa5043227cf07ec5.png

Dolby Vision (MP4)

image.thumb.png.5d47c6c099e14770be30fe65cab40b90.png

So Conclusion.

I guess than LibMpv is not doing HDR10 / Dolby Vision as well on the plaformes where it was implemented. causing HDR10 dimming is bad on emby app

My Suggestion.
Emby Switch from LibMpv or talk with the LibMpv about this issue because mp4 already support Dolby Vision (Avalaible Only on MP4 and TS at this moment) and HDR10 is avalaible in all container (I guess)

Issue:

Bland colors instead of good colors as HDR10 Give us at normally 
Bad Dimming (Birghtness/Dark) colors.
It just tell me than it not allow me to reproduce HDR10 but with exoplayer and vlc everything is ok on my Android and iOS.

ScreenShot

966874637_WhatsAppImage2020-06-12at12_35_22.thumb.jpeg.280d3d211bf57bc20f5d39def9f58a4e.jpeg

Plus many people enjoy more Exoplayer than others.

@Luke

Dolby Vision Demo files (MP4 Format)

Glass Blowing @59.94fps: Dolby Vision Profile 5 UHD for iOS – Dolby Atmos

Glass Blowing @59.94fps: Dolby Vision Profile 8.1 UHD – Dolby Atmos

Edited by CyberPoison
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CyberPoison

Yeah and about HDR10 the quality still to be desired (Not good as on the exoplayer) 

The brightness and dark colors still very different between exo and libMpv and the file is the same, why emby don't just move to Exoplayer all apps they have with LibMpv? 

sooty234
4 hours ago, CyberPoison said:

Yeah and about HDR10 the quality still to be desired (Not good as on the exoplayer) 

The brightness and dark colors still very different between exo and libMpv and the file is the same, why emby don't just move to Exoplayer all apps they have with LibMpv? 

They are completely different.

mpv will tone-map HDR10

And tone-mapping DV isn't supported, yet. 

CyberPoison

7 hours ago, sooty234 said:

They are completely different.

mpv will tone-map HDR10

And tone-mapping DV isn't supported, yet. 

Yah but not completely sure than it's rellated with Tone-Map , but my HDR10 is very bad looks like bland colors instead of original colors, it result in poor quality (Brightness/Dark) colors are very different from the exoplayer where i guess than it do not tone-map on HDR10  not sure at all if it's rellated witht the tone-map but for sure the colors seems more poor than on an VLC player or others like exoplayer. 

The colors on HDR10 is BLAND like the skin 21 fox intro logo etc... 

Not sure if the therm Bland is the right appropriate but still for this way.

Edited by CyberPoison
  • Like 1

Sammy

Yah but not completely sure than it's rellated with Tone-Map , but my HDR10 is very bad looks like bland colors instead of original colors, it result in poor quality (Brightness/Dark) colors are very different from the exoplayer where i guess than it do not tone-map on HDR10  not sure at all if it's rellated witht the tone-map but for sure the colors seems more poor than on an VLC player or others like exoplayer. 

The colors on HDR10 is BLAND like the skin 21 fox intro logo etc... 

Not sure if the therm Bland is the right appropriate but still for this way.

Bland is very descriptive of the issue!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk