Regarding the forum upgrade

Abobader

CBers
3 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Interesting. Didn't know that.

But it's very unhandy. It's maybe okay on a Desktop with a mouse, but on my mobile it's just to small and the chances are high to click something other.

I have always used the mobile theme on my phone and pressing the icon works fine. 

Practice makes perfect 👍

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cayars said:

What you can do is stretch the screen out to make the area with the dot/star bigger for fat fingers or use a stylus.  Probably kind of use to having to do this anyway right?

Either that or simply enlarge the fonts/scale from the mobile settings, some of them have zoom on the fly as well.

7 hours ago, cayars said:

Abobader, what would be nice even on the "desktop" view would be an option to have clicking on the Title go to the first unread post just like the dot/star does. Is that possible or could it be requested from IPS?  I'm sure this could be an option a user could toggle to set what the URL the thread title gets.

As I said in my last post, if I apply that, then it will be global for everyone, not per user profile. For that I reject the idea.

I know whom used to use Tapatalk have issue or things do not work as they wish, I really tried hard regarding Tapatalk, but when it come to security, no second thought of removing what case it. 

• Like 1

Gilgamesh_48
6 hours ago, CBers said:

I have always used the mobile theme on my phone and pressing the icon works fine. 

Practice makes perfect 👍

Actually that is not really true. 

Practice makes permanent, it is only "perfect" practice that makes perfect.

Sammy

I haven't read all 203 posts but why won't it work with Tapatalk again? It wasn't, then it was and now it won't and it seems there's resistance from Emby in using it. I missed that part.. Why?

19 minutes ago, Sammy said:

I haven't read all 203 posts but why won't it work with Tapatalk again? It wasn't, then it was and now it won't and it seems there's resistance from Emby in using it. I missed that part.. Why?

See my reply #183

Sammy
58 minutes ago, Abobader said:

See my reply #183

That says Tapatalk can't fix it but never says what "it" is. I assume "it" is all the spam we've seen lately? 

Post at #183 explain why I removed this plugin. Please re-read what I post.

I start this thread to explain the upgrade matters, now we are at page 9.

This thread will be close after I update the reputation plugin so we have sort by it on the feature request forum. 

Thanks all.

1 hour ago, Sammy said:

That says Tapatalk can't fix it but never says what "it" is. I assume "it" is all the spam we've seen lately? 

Nut shell it was allowing "guest" posts on the forum via TapaTalk.  In some cases you would think you're replying as YOU but it ends up being marked as guest and not YOU.

Of course guest posts are problematic for a number of reasons.

• 2 weeks later...

Good day,

Do you guys need to get notify when a mod's action took place on your thread? Like moving, delete, lock ... etc? Or that not important to you?

Let me know, thanks.

My best

CBers
7 hours ago, Abobader said:

Good day,

Do you guys need to get notify when a mod's action took place on your thread? Like moving, delete, lock ... etc? Or that not important to you?

Let me know, thanks.

My best

Yes, also when a post has been edited by the Admins. 

• Like 1

Gilgamesh_48
4 hours ago, CBers said:

Yes, also when a post has been edited by the Admins. 

I agree. It rarely happens to me but sometimes it does and also when it happens to others it is often very disconcerting to not find a post where it is expected. Also a place holder pointing to the new location would be very helpful. The placeholder could expire after a few days.

Thanks, I wait to see more demand for it before i apply it.

@CBers Only if the admin's team select the option to show it, then the user will get notify. (We normally select that option to let the members know we edit the thread/post).

CBers
11 minutes ago, Abobader said:

Only if the admin's team select the option to show it, then the user will get notify. (We normally select that option to let the members know we edit the thread/post).

It should be enabled by default. 

Doesn't happen often these days, but it has in the past. 

Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, CBers said:

It should be enabled by default. 

Doesn't happen often these days, but it has in the past. 

Thanks. 

That admin's right if he chose to edit "silently", but I always let the members know and the reason why as well.

CBers
22 minutes ago, Abobader said:

That admin's right if he chose to edit "silently", but I always let the members know and the reason why as well.

You may be the exception, but there's no reason why the post can't say "Edit by..." like it does if a Moderator edits a post. 

It's just simple courtesy. 

Edited by CBers

Gilgamesh_48
1 hour ago, Abobader said:

Thanks, I wait to see more demand for it before i apply it.

Just guessing but I would think that a huge number of those that have had it happen to them are rare posters and will never see this thread. I can see little to complain about if a post is moved or changed and the original poster is notified it happened.

I'd like to see a message sent when anything is moved or edited. (ie edit to remove potential bad web address)

If an Admin actually deleted the message it's likely due to spam or some type of system abuse and the admin should use common sense to notify the user.  If spammer, no courtesy is needed or warranted. :)

Edited by Abobader
Removing the line test

14 hours ago, Abobader said:

Good day,

Let me know, thanks.

My best

Yes, it is extremely important that users are notified when we move their post to a different forum.

@cayars I will test this on your last post here, I will just add line at the end, then I will remove it, as just testing. Thanks.

• Like 1

I did and feel free to test away.

Why don't you try testing this live my first modifying this message.

Then delete it.

I should get two notices that way correct?

Edited by cayars

Gilgamesh_48
13 minutes ago, cayars said:

I did and feel free to test away.

Why don't you try testing this live my first modifying this message.

Then delete it.

I should get two notices that way correct?

I will also volunteer to be used for testing just in case there is some difference between the way it works for a "special" person like @cayars and just a regular user like I.