Regarding the forum upgrade

Abobader

On 6/20/2020 at 3:45 PM, Spaceboy said:

couple of issues still with tapatalk on ios

• if i try and open the web view of any post it opens the forum home page
  • links to other posts do not work. it says you do not have permission to do that, or something to that effect

both worked fine before the upgrade

Can you check these again, I have upgrade to latest build of tapatalk.

crusher11

If I post using the quick reply box, from any page other than the last page, it gives me no indication my post has been submitted. The text stays in the box, and the page displayed doesn't change.

13 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

If I post using the quick reply box, from any page other than the last page, it gives me no indication my post has been submitted. The text stays in the box, and the page displayed doesn't change.

As I test it "above" and no problem here, I post from page 4, when I submit the reply it took me to last page as it normal.

Riggs
39 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

I had that problem yesterday, had to edit 3 post  and leaved blank

crusher11
28 minutes ago, Abobader said:

As I test it "above" and no problem here, I post from page 4, when I submit the reply it took me to last page as it normal.

Might just happen with quoting then? 

Maybe some loads on the server or the data center could be updating something.

10 hours ago, crusher11 said:

I've seen this consistently as well.  It looks like it didn't save but it did.  If you hit submit again, it will duplicate your post.

I'm almost always quoting so it may be related to that.  Or, it could be when you go "back" a page and then use the box from there (because that's how I would have done this as well).

• Like 1

crusher11

Yeah, it happened to me when I saw a post I wanted to respond to on the penultimate page, read the rest of the thread to make sure nobody else had made my intended reply redundant, then went back and quoted the post. 

On 7/24/2020 at 8:03 PM, Abobader said:

ah, you meant on "activity" that normal, you have to hover on the time, not the icon, nothing we can do here.

post with quote from previous page...

Good day,

I disable Tapatalk, the latest build we install from 2 days ago bring some issue to our forum, I submit a ticket about the issue, and will not enable it back till they fix it.

My best

• Like 1

arrbee99

I really (really, really) like the dark theme, but still think it would be nice if possible to have a bit of colour coding to show read vs unread threads. Just don't find that blue dot very noticeable. Maybe this grey background I'm typing this message on  ?

CBers
5 hours ago, Abobader said:

Good day,

I disable Tapatalk, the latest build we install from 2 days ago bring some issue to our forum, I submit a ticket about the issue, and will not enable it back till they fix it.

My best

What was the problem Abo ?

Don't use TT much for Emby, but I do for another forum (DriveBender) which uses the same forum software.

Thanks.

Good day,

4 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

I really (really, really) like the dark theme, but still think it would be nice if possible to have a bit of colour coding to show read vs unread threads. Just don't find that blue dot very noticeable. Maybe this grey background I'm typing this message on  ?

The problem with dark theme, that will not fit everyone liking, that normal, can I see the image of the gray background color in firefox you talking about? Thanks

4 hours ago, CBers said:

What was the problem Abo ?

Don't use TT much for Emby, but I do for another forum (DriveBender) which uses the same forum software.

Thanks.

One of the issue that is change some permission issue that not allowed here.

Beside the security consideration that are effected general to all, maybe other forums do not notice it or it do not effected them based on the configurations they allowed in their forums.

I received a reply from Tapatalk for the ticket I submit to them, that they do not find the issue I report, for that, I am removing this plugin from our forum.

My best

• Like 1

arrbee99
14 hours ago, Abobader said:

The problem with dark theme, that will not fit everyone liking, that normal, can I see the image of the gray background color in firefox you talking about? Thanks

Its shown back in post number 80 on page 4 of this thread. Think it might help, but its just a suggestion.

ginjaninja
15 hours ago, Abobader said:

Good day,

One of the issue that is change some permission issue that not allowed here.

Beside the security consideration that are effected general to all, maybe other forums do not notice it or it do not effected them based on the configurations they allowed in their forums.

I received a reply from Tapatalk for the ticket I submit to them, that they do not find the issue I report, for that, I am removing this plugin from our forum.

My best

now that tapatalk support is removed, are any other forum reading apps supported beyond the web client?

12 hours ago, ginjaninja said:

now that tapatalk support is removed, are any other forum reading apps supported beyond the web client?

At the moment, only themes responsiveness that work good on mobile devices, later when we update we will have  stand alone mobile devices support for Android & iOS that can be downloaded from Apple & Google for this forum software from IPS.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

Its shown back in post number 80 on page 4 of this thread. Think it might help, but its just a suggestion.

As I said before, that the best I can do with this theme regarding firefox issue, your option to use another browser like Chrome that work well.

I fixed many issue with this dark theme, the dev of the theme did not help in anything at all.

I consider to build a dark theme myself, away from any custom css, but did not have a time for it lately, maybe in the future I will.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your hard work on this and everything else you do Abobader!

• Thanks 1

rikiwi

Ive been away and thats when I use Tapatalk android app to check Emby updates ect

But over the last few days all I get when clicking on the Emby group icon is this error:

Nwtwork error, please try again later.  (get _config)

So from what I've just read here , it's no longer being used, is that correct?

Thanks

Tapatalk was disabled temporarily. so it likely won't work even reading the forums.

A solution is in the works but for now you would be best served to read the forums with a web broswer.

We're sorry for this inconvenience and we're working to resolve the issue best we can with.

• Like 1