Regarding the forum upgrade

Abobader

• 2 weeks later...
arrbee99
On 6/25/2020 at 10:23 AM, arrbee99 said:

Am really liking the dark theme, but It would be nice if possible if read items could be a bit more prominent -

86913035_EmbyForumdarkthemereaditems.thumb.JPG.7da85080422e1cec30acdacbca81047d.JPG

Maybe the title could be moved a little bit to the right and the 'xxxx replied to' also moved a bit right to line up with the title above it, so its easier to see the blue circle/star.

arrbee99

I guess you decided against using actual posted times for posts instead of 1hr ago, 2hrs ago ?

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

How do I quote nested quotes.

Not sure exactly what you mean but I use the Highlight option.  Highlight and you get a Quote selection option.

7 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

I guess you decided against using actual posted times for posts instead of 1hr ago, 2hrs ago ?

They are there, but you have to hover to see them.

arrbee99
6 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Not sure exactly what you mean but I use the Highlight option.  Highlight and you get a Quote selection option.

For example, I quoted the above post, but it only copied your responses, not that actual stuff you quoted as well.

I know you can hover to get the times, but I wanted the actual times to be shown, so that I can be in the Unread section, for example, see that I've browsed to the latest post (posted at say 8:47am), and then come back to that view two hours later, refresh it, and only need to check out the threads from 8:47am upwards.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:
15 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

For example, I quoted the above post, but it only copied your responses, not that actual stuff you quoted as well.

I know you can hover to get the times, but I wanted the actual times to be shown, so that I can be in the Unread section, for example, see that I've browsed to the latest post (posted at say 8:47am), and then come back to that view two hours later, refresh it, and only need to check out the threads from 8:47am upwards.

I just highlighted everything and quoted selection

test2.thumb.jpg.69f91cf627b3f4e40e86e8add312546d.jpg

• Like 1

arrbee99
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:
9 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:
21 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I just highlighted everything and quoted selection

Thanks. That seems to work 😀

2 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

That how the fluid view work, it not for only the dark theme.

Can we have posts in threads numbered like they used to please.

You mean the "viewers" under the replies?

arrbee99
7 minutes ago, Abobader said:

No, I mean each post in a thread used to be numbered, from 1 to whatever the latest one is. Was useful when linking to another thread - 'please see post #24 in xxxx thread'.

p.s pity about the fluid view you mentioned, but just a thought.

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, Abobader said:

Can we have posts in threads numbered like they used to please.

No, a post number for each post.  Example I use to be able to say look at post 110, but we no long have post numbers.

4 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

No, I mean each post in a thread used to be numbered, from 1 to whatever the latest one is. Was useful when linking to another thread - 'please see post #24 in xxxx thread'.

p.s pity about the fluid view you mentioned, but just a thought.

4 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

No, a post number for each post.  Example I use to be able to say look at post 110, but we no long have post numbers.

Done.

• Thanks 1

On 6/17/2020 at 1:32 PM, CBers said:

Still not working in Chrome browser.

The URL I am using for unread messages is https://emby.media/community/index.php?/discover/unread/.

I click on "MARK SITE READ" and I answer OK to the pop-up, but the page doesn't refresh. 

On 6/17/2020 at 3:14 PM, Happy2Play said:

Yes with this context, marking site as read marks everything as read but does not refresh that Activity.

Can you recheck this again, thanks.

CBers
1 hour ago, Abobader said:

Can you recheck this again, thanks.

Still the same.

When you click "Mark Site Read", the UNREAD comments are marked as READ and the UNREAD check marks are cleared, but the page doesn't reload to give an updated view, but continues to display the same posts, albeit with no UNREAD marks.

Hope that makes sense.

In the old forums, when you marked everything as READ, the page would reload to the forums list IIRC.

Edited by CBers

2 minutes ago, CBers said:

Still the same.

When you click "Mark Site Read", the UNREAD comments are marked as READ and the UNREAD check marks are cleared, but the page doesn't reload to give an updated view, but continues to display the same posts, albeit with no UNREAD marks.

Hope that makes sense.

In the old forums, when you marked everything as READ, the page would reload to the forums list IIRC.

I got the idea, you need to be on activity "unread" option and then you click on "mark site read", correct, if yes, please post any replay here again, i nee to test again. Thanks.

• Like 1

ah, I see, I have to search if this by design or a bug, thanks for the head up.

• Like 1

CBers
21 minutes ago, Abobader said:

I got the idea, you need to be on activity "unread" option and then you click on "mark site read", correct, if yes, please post any replay here again, i nee to test again. Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Abobader said:

ah, I see, I have to search if this by design or a bug, thanks for the head up.

That's correct.

I have to click the UNREAD CONTENT link (next to Mark Site Read) again to refresh the page.

• Like 1

Confirm that by design:

That would be correct. There is no refresh of the page at the present time on the latest release.

• Like 1

CBers
23 minutes ago, Abobader said:

Confirm that by design:

OK, thanks Abo.

Perhaps in the next release they'll add something.

• Like 1

arrbee99

Seeing as we're not going to get the actual time of the last post displayed, just 1hr, 2hr, it would be nice if the hover could be extended to work over the little clock face to the left of that time. I'm forever hovering over the clock face and nothing happens and saying its not working again...

Sorry, I am not fully following you on this, hover on time working here.

arrbee99

I mean here -

1305755035_EmbyForumtimes.JPG.d9c42ef206a7f453ddcd53b3222a51d4.JPG

hovering over the time (2 min 5min etc) puts up the full time, but hovering over the tiny clock on the left does nothing, and I seems to hover over the tiny clock quite often.

ah, you meant on "activity" that normal, you have to hover on the time, not the icon, nothing we can do here.