Regarding the forum upgrade

Abobader

Happy2Play

Okay a hover option or should I should say pretty much hidden on a white default theme.

Abo can that text be darker?  It is fine on hover though.

post.thumb.jpg.77ae7ba3076cc208afd57142ccecd481.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

jordy
6 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Okay a hover option or should I should say pretty much hidden on a white default theme.

Using the "Dark" theme, it's also barely visible without the hover. May need to be a "real" color? or have it differ depending on the theme...

CBers
10 hours ago, Abobader said:

I just test it, when you click on it, you did not see the popup box msg to confirm? When I did, it update, all now read indeed and update immediately.

That on PC on Chrome browser, will test on mobile later today.

Yes, I get the pop-up box and click OK, but the page never refreshes. 

I'll try a different browser and report back, but as I use the mobile theme ~90% of the time, that's more important to me. 

CBers
2 hours ago, CBers said:

Yes, I get the pop-up box and click OK, but the page never refreshes. 

I'll try a different browser and report back, but as I use the mobile theme ~90% of the time, that's more important to me. 

Still not working in Chrome browser.

The URL I am using for unread messages is https://emby.media/community/index.php?/discover/unread/.

I click on "MARK SITE READ" and I answer OK to the pop-up, but the page doesn't refresh. 

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, CBers said:

Still not working in Chrome browser.

The URL I am using for unread messages is https://emby.media/community/index.php?/discover/unread/.

I click on "MARK SITE READ" and I answer OK to the pop-up, but the page doesn't refresh. 

Yes with this context, marking site as read marks everything as read but does not refresh that Activity.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

despite disabling email notifications for responses to threads and for all existing followed content i'm still getting emails on every response

image.png.9c9312fde79b71b0260fa1bc8105ec97.png

why is this please? i use Tapatalk so i have no interest in email notifications

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

despite disabling email notifications for responses to threads and for all existing followed content i'm still getting emails on every response

image.png.9c9312fde79b71b0260fa1bc8105ec97.png

why is this please? i use Tapatalk so i have no interest in email notifications

Isn't that option in the next section?

Someone comments on something I follow

• Like 1

Spaceboy
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Isn't that option in the next section?

Someone comments on something I follow

indeed. i kind of thought that was a overriding option.

i guess these preferences were reset during the upgrade cos i never got this volume of emails previously

Regarding "Mark site read" if you go to Activity then "Unread Contents" from there apply that "Mark site read" then will mark all as read.

Activity is not like what you think, please consider to test these there and "understand" how these meant to work.

Nothing in that list will go away, simply will flag as read, that all, the point is to help you track the forum "stream" posts or topics.

Regarding the topics issue, it meant to hoover on it to see it very clear, it already in gray color to match the design theme (where the share link are), in the default theme or the dark, same thing, and I will not change that.

Thanks.

18 hours ago, Abobader said:

would like to have the list of people reading the thread back

I could bring this option back as it called "who reading a thread" but it not on my top list at the moment.

19 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

Would also like actual times back, as in - posted at/last post 8:15pm.

Now there's a dark theme, think it would be better if the box I am typing this in could also be dark.

For time I will see, since it will bring some issue if i apply it. (If not change by tomorrow, then that mean I will not apply it).

Yes, I will try to fix the dark theme within firefox white post box issue, either today or tomorrow.

Sorry guys, but they are more important matters I want to apply or fix than these, but i will try my best.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 1:16 AM, arrbee99 said:

would like to have the list of people reading the thread back

Done.

• Thanks 1

Riggs
On 6/12/2020 at 10:47 AM, Abobader said:

Just a reminder, we do not support Gravatar any more, if you want to add avatar, you need to upload it to your profile.

Thank you! Less telemetry is always appreciated.

Riggs
Just now, Riggs said:

@Abobader

Content that I follow? Is this possible put it back?

Thanks

I found it!!!! Sorry! and thanks!

21 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

We should not attempt to change this.

This is by design and contributes to how much "cleaner" the forum looks now.  This information is only in your face for the single post you are actually focused on.  As soon as your mouse enters the post field, the option is very visible.

50 minutes ago, ebr said:

We should not attempt to change this.

This is by design and contributes to how much "cleaner" the forum looks now.  This information is only in your face for the single post you are actually focused on.  As soon as your mouse enters the post field, the option is very visible.

9 hours ago, Abobader said:

Regarding the topics issue, it meant to hoover on it to see it very clear, it already in gray color to match the design theme (where the share link are), in the default theme or the dark, same thing, and I will not change that.

Thanks.

• Like 1

CBers

Anyway of removing the Newsletter sign up area in the mobile theme please, as it's rather big and annoying. 

_20200618_083839.JPG

4 hours ago, CBers said:

Anyway of removing the Newsletter sign up area in the mobile theme please, as it's rather big and annoying. 

_20200618_083839.JPG

That show for guest, to stop it, login then go to notification, first option uncheck it,  even if it not check, check it then uncheck it, now logout if want to browse the forum as guest.

CBers
8 minutes ago, Abobader said:

That show for guest, to stop it, login then go to notification, first option uncheck it,  even if it not check, check it then uncheck it, now logout if want to browse the forum as guest.

I've done all of that, but it still shows with me logged in. 

Edited by CBers

No other option beside the notification settings.

I test that on my mobile.

CBers
16 minutes ago, Abobader said:

No other option beside the notification settings.

I test that on my mobile.

So it can't be removed, even after following those instructions?