Regarding the forum upgrade

Abobader

Regarding the split did not test the mod action notify on it yet, I think you guys open here a thread and let like 2 or 3 members posts, then split and see if it notify.

Regarding the "Split":

First post will be the new OP of the new thread as you all know, and will not have followers from the thread it split from, as it become new thread.

Could a few people makes a couple posts.

Anyone know and moderator jokes. :)

Edited by cayars

I have received the following message:

9 hours ago, ebr said:

Hello,
We're informing you, moderator ebr performed the following action on the content added by you: Split a topic to Test topic for testing thread splits (2) from Test topic for testing thread splits..
A bus that is occupied by ten people stops at a bus stop.
Eleven people get out.
Three scientists comment on the event.
The biologist: "They must have multiplied along the way."
The physicist: "What the heck, ten perce

Regards,
Emby Community

Happy2Play

Good to know all posters that get split, get notified.  Not a big deal but the new topic has no follower.

Happy2Play

I would think no one got notified as the only follower is cayars do to his setting of auto follow everything he post in.

Gilgamesh_48
24 minutes ago, softworkz said:

OK, so I didn't get notifications about posts in the new topic, but I'm not the OP.

@Gilgamesh_48 - Did you get notifications about the new posts in the ....(2) topic?

I did not and  I would not expect to because I have set notifications off for that sort of thing. I only want to be notified for direct replies to me or direct messages or the like. I do not want to be notified for simple replies to treads I start or post in. When one of my posts gets moved, like it did here for testing, I want a notification like I received but generally I do not want to be notified for most things.

On 18/08/2020 at 03:50, Abobader said:

Regarding the "Split":

First post will be the new OP of the new thread as you all know, and will not have followers from the thread it split from, as it become new thread.

• 3 weeks later...
PenkethBoy

@Abobader

Just had an issue

i was "quoting" a post from the second to last page - so end up at the bottom of that page

when i hit save - nothing appears to happen - i.e. i did not get jumped/moved to the last page/end of thread

this resulted in four duplicate posts - as i hit save four times - before i figured out that it had actually worked

It might be related to the fact that the post i quoted was the last post in the second to last page - if that helps track it down

pwhodges

I have had exactly that (just yesterday in fact) - I simply had not yet worked out the circumstances to report, but quoting a post near the end of the penultimate page was definitely in common.

Paul

• Like 1

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Didn't post numbers get added a while ago, as they seem to have disappeared.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure what the reason was specifically but I noticed a lot of duplicate numbers (one # per person who posted).

• Like 1

On 03/09/2020 at 19:26, PenkethBoy said:

@Abobader

Just had an issue

i was "quoting" a post from the second to last page - so end up at the bottom of that page

when i hit save - nothing appears to happen - i.e. i did not get jumped/moved to the last page/end of thread

this resulted in four duplicate posts - as i hit save four times - before i figured out that it had actually worked

It might be related to the fact that the post i quoted was the last post in the second to last page - if that helps track it down

On 03/09/2020 at 20:30, pwhodges said:

I have had exactly that (just yesterday in fact) - I simply had not yet worked out the circumstances to report, but quoting a post near the end of the penultimate page was definitely in common.

Paul

Good day,

I recall it been reported before, dose this happens often or when it like late on time for USA (since we have task for DB backup that may case of this issue)?

My best

Happy2Play
10 minutes ago, Abobader said:

Good day,

I recall it been reported before, dose this happens often or when it like late on time for USA (since we have task for DB backup that may case of this issue)?

My best

PenkethBoy's issue happened not long before the report here. (9/3/2020 at 9:26 AM) I deleted the post before this time.

They are in deleted content panel "Problem transcoding when source file is h.265"

Edited by Happy2Play

PenkethBoy
11 hours ago, Abobader said:

Good day,

My best

Hi - nope dont think so for me - as i posted above in the early evening UK time - at 17:30 BST a few minutes after it happened

I doubt very much it has anything to do with a backup

Smells of a coding error/omission

Thanks.

I will look to this tonight.

Also, since we will update the forum software soon and the Dark theme will not work on the new forum build, I will disable it tonight while I test for the above issue. Sure I will bring another dark theme for whom want that.

Thanks for the reporting the issue guys, well done.

• Like 1