Regarding the forum upgrade

Abobader

CBers
11 minutes ago, rikiwi said:

So from what I've just read here , it's no longer being used, is that correct?

At the moment that is correct.

I'm sure it'll return at some point once any issues are resolved.

• Like 1

rikiwi
43 minutes ago, CBers said:

At the moment that is correct.

I'm sure it'll return at some point once any issues are resolved.

Thanks CBers

• Like 1

Sammy

Email links take me to Tapatalk on my phone. Any way to make it go to the mobile website?

Edited by Sammy

39 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Email links take me to Tapatalk on my phone. Any way to make it go to the mobile website?

That sounds like your phone or tapatalk is configured to do that...

Sammy

I turned off Tapatalk as default but when can we expect a fix? 

Edited by Sammy

20 minutes ago, Sammy said:

I turned off Tapatalk as default but when can we expect a fix? 

Sorry, it not the forum issue so we can fix it.

CBers
14 hours ago, Abobader said:

Sorry, it not the forum issue so we can fix it.

I assume you meant "we can't fix it" ?

If that's the case, are Tapatalk support looking into the issue ?

Can you expand on what the actual issue is please ?

21 minutes ago, CBers said:

I assume you meant "we can't fix it" ?

If that's the case, are Tapatalk support looking into the issue ?

Can you expand on what the actual issue is please ?

Yes that correct, we can't fix it. Thanks for the correction.

Tapatalk as I said before reply to my report that they did not find the issue on their test forum for IPS.

When we install build 1.6.5 of Tapatalk and it been reported 2 issues, and they confirm the issues and they said an update will come but no ETA when. I was checking on them then they release build 1.6.6, I update it, and I ask for who reported to confirm if they fix it.

Big thanks to @cayars for report the issue and the issue simply was:

Guest group can write a reply, I look and find out the plugin change the permissions for that group to fully read/write/download/upload when it only have a read permission.

We fix the permissions and clean the forum from the guest post, disable the plugin in, then when I find Tapatalk support can not confirm the report, I remove the the plugin.

I will not install that back.

• Like 2

arrbee99

Just wondering, when I paste an image directly into a post, its always blurry. Is there any way round this ?

Are you posting high res files that need to get resized to fit?  If so try resizing them down smaller before posting.

arrbee99
16 minutes ago, cayars said:

Are you posting high res files that need to get resized to fit?  If so try resizing them down smaller before posting.

I guess I am. Sometimes more or less full screen images, maybe 1800 across. Don't know why that would actually make them fuzzy, but anyway...

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

When ever I'm posting to the forums I do that if it's a big item.  I figure it needs to display at 800 or 1080 at best so I try and keep them under that.

Not saying this will solve your problem, but worth a try and at least you control the reduction in size this way.

CBers

@Abobader When quoting other's posts from a day ago or older, the posted date for that quote is always in US date format (MM/DD/YYYY).

Is there any way that this could be displayed in the localised date format (UK=DD/MM/YYYY) please?

Or is there a forum setting I'm over looking?

Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CBers said:

@Abobader When quoting other's posts from a day ago or older, the posted date for that quote is always in US date format (MM/DD/YYYY).

Is there any way that this could be displayed in the localised date format (UK=DD/MM/YYYY) please?

Or is there a forum setting I'm over looking?

Thanks.

We add UK English language for whom wanted date format, if you want that select the language:

embyukdate.jpg

• Thanks 1

CBers
1 hour ago, Abobader said:

We add UK English language for whom wanted date format, if you want that select the language:

Many thanks Abo 👍

• Thanks 1

pünktchen

@Abobader would it be possible to create an option in the account settings that allows us to go to the last unread post when clicking on a thread title? That's what i miss most from Tapatalk. Currently it's very unhandy, even with the mobile theme. If i click on the thread title i'm landing on the start post and have to go several pages forward. If i achive to click the very small time indicator for the last post, i have to scroll backwards to see what i have missed.

19 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

@Abobader would it be possible to create an option in the account settings that allows us to go to the last unread post when clicking on a thread title? That's what i miss most from Tapatalk. Currently it's very unhandy, even with the mobile theme. If i click on the thread title i'm landing on the start post and have to go several pages forward. If i achive to click the very small time indicator for the last post, i have to scroll backwards to see what i have missed.

Is there no "dot" to the left of threads with unread content like there is in the normal theme?

Could be a star as well so just click the icon to the left of the title to go to your first unread post.

Good day,

Mobile same as normal desktop web:

Click on the left on thread icon as Ebr & cayars said:

"Green circle" mean the first unread posts in that thread.

"Green Star" Same as above, but the star indicated you post something in that thread.

My best

pünktchen

Interesting. Didn't know that.

But it's very unhandy. It's maybe okay on a Desktop with a mouse, but on my mobile it's just to small and the chances are high to click something other.

Screenshot_20200808-041016.png

Edited by pünktchen

Yes, for whom had big hands, well they are add on, but the bad thing it global, not per user, so I can not add that, sorry.

What you can do is stretch the screen out to make the area with the dot/star bigger for fat fingers or use a stylus.  Probably kind of use to having to do this anyway right?

Abobader, what would be nice even on the "desktop" view would be an option to have clicking on the Title go to the first unread post just like the dot/star does. Is that possible or could it be requested from IPS?  I'm sure this could be an option a user could toggle to set what the URL the thread title gets.

I'd use that myself even on the desktop as I rarely ever want to read the first post of a thread I've already been reading and even if I did want to start at the beginning it's easy to do.