Inconsistent Subtitles on NVIDIA Shield

filmfan214

filmfan214

I just watched Almodovar's "Pain and Glory" using the Emby app on my NVIDIA Shield the subtitles did not display correctly. It looked like it was just the outlines of the lettering, without being filled in...it was very difficult to read, but I managed. Is this a common problem, and if so, is there a way to fix it?

I checked some other movies ("Parasite" and "Ash is Purest White") on my Shield, and the subtitles displayed correctly on those movies. So I thought it was a problem with my rip of Pain and Glory, but when I played the same file on my desktop computer (first in VLC then from the Emby web app), the subtitles displayed correctly for "Pain and Glory." I also did check the subtitle styling options on the Emby server, but that all seemed to be in order (unless I'm missing some settings).

I confess to not knowing much about how subtitles work, so I'm not sure what the problem is with this one movie when watched via the Android TV app on the NVIDIA shield. I haven't watched a ton of subtitled movies lately, so I can't rule out that this problem doesn't happen for other movies, but it didn't occur on the two movies I mentioned above. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi.  Those would have been "dual-layer" PGS subs and the player we are using does not support them at this time.  Searching for text based subs would be an option to improve that for now.

Thanks.