Possible for Emby not to download subtitles repeatedly?

somy

What subtitle am I looking for in the log?

Can you provide one of the subtitle files as well to look at that are in txt format?

cam1313
39 minutes ago, cayars said:

What subtitle am I looking for in the log?

Can you provide one of the subtitle files as well to look at that are in txt format?

Here are three of many (subtitle files in txt format attached as well):

Weekend at Bernie's II (1993).1.en

Revenge of the Nerds II Nerds in Paradise (1987).1.en

D.A.R.Y.L. (1985).1.en

Still getting multiples of actual subtitle files as well.  Lucky Numbers (2000) is an example.

Thanks again.

Weekend at Bernie's II (1993).1.en.txt Revenge of the Nerds II Nerds in Paradise (1987).1.en.txt D.A.R.Y.L. (1985).1.en.txt

Those seem to be SRT files.

Do you know which plugin is downloading these?

cam1313
3 hours ago, cayars said:

Those seem to be SRT files.

Do you know which plugin is downloading these?

Yes, the files contain subtitles but they are saved as txt files and without manually updating they are not recognized by Emby. 

I am unable to tell from the log which plugin these came.

I just went back and looked at your log file from Saturday cam1313 and seeing this:

2020-07-19 00:52:15.027 Error SubtitleManager: Error downloading subtitles from Addic7ed

2020-07-19 00:52:15.029 Error SubtitleManager: Error downloading subtitles from NapiSub

2020-07-19 00:52:15.029 Info HttpClient: GET http://api.thesubdb.com/?action=search&hash=EBF9B9D942431046249156B041755D83
2020-07-19 00:52:15.237 Debug LibraryMonitor: New file refresher created for /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia/Movies/Grindhouse (2007)/Grindhouse (2007).1.en.txt

So if I'm reading the log correctly (kind of hard to tell in this spot) but it looks like thesubdb.com is where the .en.txt files are coming from.

Have you configured Addic7ed & NapiSub?  I didn't look hard but they are giving errors.

cam1313
1 hour ago, cayars said:

I just went back and looked at your log file from Saturday cam1313 and seeing this:

2020-07-19 00:52:15.027 Error SubtitleManager: Error downloading subtitles from Addic7ed

2020-07-19 00:52:15.029 Error SubtitleManager: Error downloading subtitles from NapiSub

2020-07-19 00:52:15.029 Info HttpClient: GET http://api.thesubdb.com/?action=search&hash=EBF9B9D942431046249156B041755D83
2020-07-19 00:52:15.237 Debug LibraryMonitor: New file refresher created for /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia/Movies/Grindhouse (2007)/Grindhouse (2007).1.en.txt

So if I'm reading the log correctly (kind of hard to tell in this spot) but it looks like thesubdb.com is where the .en.txt files are coming from.

Have you configured Addic7ed & NapiSub?  I didn't look hard but they are giving errors.

Thanks for the assist.  Addic7ed was configured but it appears the website has recently blocked traffic from my country, and NapiSub has no settings to configure.  I removed both plugins as well as thesubdb.com (for the time being) to see what happens.   

I've been trying to reproduce without success.

I think I might need to test with different language/country settings.

Can you tell me what these are set to on your system or PM me?

cam1313
Just now, cayars said:

I've been trying to reproduce without success.

I think I might need to test with different language/country settings.

Can you tell me what these are set to on your system or PM me?

I've got it set to download both English and Korean subtitles.

And sorry forgot to ask but what is your setting for Preferred metadata download language?

cam1313
52 minutes ago, cayars said:

And sorry forgot to ask but what is your setting for Preferred metadata download language?

Sorry, just saw this. It’s English. 

cam1313

Update: It appears the problem was resolved by removing plugins

...which one was the culprit?  I don't know.

With Addic7ed, NapiSub, and thesubdb.com removed I no longer get duplicate subtitles.  Now if we could just figure out which one was causing the problem it would be nice to reinstall some plugins for additional options. 

Thanks.

You were getting errors:

So that almost makes it seem like the dupes couldn't have been coming from either of them but not certain.

What you could do is add thesubdb.com back only and monitor the situation to see if the multiples come back.  If so we have the culprit and could get a dev to look at it.

cam1313

Happy to report it appears everything is functioning as intended with thesubdb.com reinstalled.  Thanks again for the help!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2020 at 4:32 AM, Luke said:

Please try this in Emby Server 4.4.3. Thanks.

Hi, just want to report back if I only choose to download "Chinese Simplified" the issue is gone. However if I choose both "Chinese Simplified" and "Chinese Traditional" it will keep re-downloading all Chinese subtitles. I only have opensubtitle plugin, and I can reproduce it in 4.4.3.

trashken
1 hour ago, somy said:

Hi, just want to report back if I only choose to download "Chinese Simplified" the issue is gone. However if I choose both "Chinese Simplified" and "Chinese Traditional" it will keep re-downloading all Chinese subtitles. I only have opensubtitle plugin, and I can reproduce it in 4.4.3.

Can confirm I did this. I have unchecked both and the problem did not reoccur.

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2020 at 4:13 AM, trashken said:

Can confirm I did this. I have unchecked both and the problem did not reoccur.

Ok that's helpful. We'll take a look at this. Thanks.

• 9 months later...
jackfixer

Just want to say that I have the same prob, I have over 80000 subtitles.....

and I have all the Chinese * subtitle clicked, I will try to un-click them and test if this set things right. 

Is there any updates from the dev on this issue since Oct 2020? I am on 4.7.0.3 Beta

Edited by jackfixer

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2021 at 8:16 PM, jackfixer said:

Just want to say that I have the same prob, I have over 80000 subtitles.....

and I have all the Chinese * subtitle clicked, I will try to un-click them and test if this set things right. 

Is there any updates from the dev on this issue since Oct 2020? I am on 4.7.0.3 Beta

It's in our plans to rework this. Thanks for the feedback.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...