Emby Issue With Widgets

Zekeman

Zekeman

Hello,

So I have had an issue in the past which was fixed for a bit, but I definitively figured what was causing my problem. Media that were watched was not being update via emby server, hence showing the media not being finished.

I am using Kodi Krypton, Amber Skin, and Widgets which display upcoming, and in progress Shows/Movies. It's a miss that the Emby server shows that the media that is playing if I use the widget linked to whatever media I want to watch (TV or Movie).

As I said before I can't remember what version it was temp fixed but I was working with @@Angelblue05 and she got it fixed for a bit. Is there something that can be fixed to have Emby for Kodi to recognize and process to the server when media is played via a home screen widget?

Thanks for any direction.

Hi there, can you please describe the issue in more detail? Thanks.

Zekeman

Sure @@Luke

When I play any media via the library itself on Emby for Kodi it will transmit to server that Im playing a movie.... But 90% of the time when I try to play a movie via "shelf items" on the home screen it will play the media just not transmit to emby server that I am playing any media. I am assuming its just using the direct link to the movie folder and bypassing emby for some reason. I can stop and start the media about 4 times and emby server might pick up im streaming in dashboard, but that's a pain.

Zekeman

I have native enabled, I am still old school and this is the way I can have TV Tunes work within Kodi.

• 2 weeks later...
jachin99

I'm on Kodi 18.6 and also use Kodi & TV Tunes.  I don't have any significant Sync issues with my widgets.  

Zekeman

I'm on 17 and having issues on multiple boxes and have made 2 servers to be sure. So still gotta figure the issue out. 

jachin99

I don't.  Im not sure how older versions work but I remember when I setup my widgets that I got different results based on which library end point they where pointed to basically.  For example I dont get video backdrops when I select a movie from my recently added widget but if I go into my library and view the same movie I do.  

Zekeman

Ohh. I'm using Amber theme and the shelves are hardcoded into the theme. So it bases how I set up Kodi for emby, which I use direct. I've checked everywhere for what you're talking about and this seems like a new implementation with 18, or whatever theme you use.