Subtitle on samsung TV

thegrunge

SamES

That is not a good wifi speed.  I suspect you will also see latency issues which won't help either.  If you're interested, have a look at an ethernet over power module.  Relatively cheap and will give you a big speed boost.  I've got one of these and it's great https://www.tp-link.com/au/home-networking/powerline/tl-pa9020p-kit/

thegrunge

Indeed!  I watch a lot for this kind of product, but ideally also with wifi.  By cons it seems the 2 sockets where plug the boosters must be on the same phase in the electrical panel.  I still have confirmed that.

SamES

I liked this one has it has dual ethernet ports at each end which is handy.  I use this on my 2017 Samsung TV and typically get about 300Mb speeds

thegrunge

Did you happen to verify what I said about the sockets that must be on the same phase?  For my part I also have a firestick and a Chromecast that's why I need the wifi option

SamES

I don't think it a problem, as long as all circuits are connected before the main switch and meter.

from here : https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/406/

Q3.11: Can Powerline adapters work if they are separated by Circuit Breakers/ Fuse Boxes/ Fuse Boards?

A: Generally speaking, PLC can be used across Circuit Breakers/ Fuse Boxes/ Fuse Boards. A few Circuit Breakers/ Fuse Boxes/ Fuse Boards have filtering effect and weaken the PLC communication. In most cases, they have little influence on the communication of PLC. So generally, PLC can be used if they are separated by Circuit Breakers/ Fuse Boxes/ Fuse Boards.

And here: https://www.ht.com.au/attach/files/gbgm.pdf

5. DO POWERLINE ADAPTERS WORK OVER DIFFERENT

CIRCUITS IN THE HOUSE?

If all circuit breakers are connected to the main switch then Powerline adapters can communicate across different circuits. If circuit breakers are isolated then the adapters will not be able to communicate across circuits.

thegrunge

it's more interesting, thank you very much, I'm going to look at it with more interest!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2020 at 7:24 AM, thegrunge said:

Did you happen to verify what I said about the sockets that must be on the same phase?  For my part I also have a firestick and a Chromecast that's why I need the wifi option

I'm using these to connect my external garage to the house on different phases with no problems.  I'm fairly handy and was going to switch legs but it worked fine for me.

Probably depends a lot on how noisy the connects are as well but these do work on different legs (phases) of the circuit at least for some of us.

I've got about 150 foot of wire between the boxes as well.

SamES

Different circuits(legs) on the same phase should be fine, it's when they are actually on different phases that it could be a problem.