Subtitle on samsung TV

thegrunge

thegrunge

Hello, on my samsung tv I realized today that the subtitles are not displayed. They are however in subrip format.

FrostByte

What version of the app are you using?

Model TV?

External, or internal subs?

What are your subtitle settings?  (forced only, etc)

FrostByte

I noticed you're on version .77, not sure if it will help but there is a .79 available

thegrunge

Yes but I switched my Samsung TV to Ireland, that's the last I get...

FrostByte

Ok, the Samsung store must be a couple releases behind the USB version for your model TV

Can you post the SRT?  Also a pic of the mediainfo?

I want to try it on my TV using .79

FrostByte

Yes but I switched my Samsung TV to Ireland, that's the last I get...

If you prefer you can change your region back and use the USB version

thegrunge

correct but the application was not there once installed I don't know why

FrostByte

Did you see the Emby installation pop ups in the top right corner of the TV when you inserted the usb?  Should have seen 3 pop ups, one for inserting the usb, one for Emby install starting, and third one should have been Emby install complete

thegrunge

I remember that I saw the progression,but on left corner. on the other hand I do not remember if I saw exactly 3 pop up

Edited by thegrunge
  • Like 1

thegrunge

ok no problem, i continued the film with my firestick and it worked.

Thanks!

SamES

Hello i thought i had send the log sorry here it is. I try forced and full  internal subtitles. My Samsung tv model is un60ku6290

From this log, I can see that it is transcoding, but I don't see a subtitle stream being selected for the transcode.  I think even a subrip file will burn in when the file is transcoding.

Are you selecting the sub file from the details screen before playback, or during playback?  If selecting from the details screen, make sure you start playback using play or resume.  Don't start using a chapter selection as the subtitle track selected is not alway used in this case.

Finally, this bit tells me that you have a 10Mbit limit set either on the server or in the client playback quality settings, which is probably why it is transcoding.  If you can clear this limit then it should directplay and the subs will likely work

VideoBitrate=9360001&AudioBitrate=640000
Edited by SamES

SamES

OK, I downloaded the file and tested this and have updated my previous post.

It looks like that when the file is transcoding, the sub text stream is being extracted and streamed separately.  This can take some time.  Initially, I had no subs, but after about 45 seconds, they started, but this depends on how fast your server can transcode and extract subs at the same time.

Try selecting the subs file during playback (not the forced subs) and leave it play for a few minutes and see if the subs start.  My TV is the model year after yours, but subs should work the same way.

I'd still recommend getting it it to DirectPlay. 

• Like 1

SamES

This shouldn’t have anything to do with your video card. Did you check for a bitrate limit?

thegrunge

I don't know, but I have the same limit of 10 mbps on my firestick and the subtitles appeared immediately. if it's transcoding speed issues, my video card will fix that.I currently have an integrated video card that is not supported for transcoding, so the processor does it. remains to be seen whether it is a link or not

SamES

Are you watching content on your local network, or remotely?  There is a limit that can be set on 'internet' based connections.

Otherwise, check the user Playback settings (in the client or the server settings)

5ee0c99266587_Untitled.png

You can also turn off the subtitle extraction which should force them to be burned in during transcoding

5ee0c9b496986_Untitled2.png

thegrunge

@@SamES The servers are local and the content online, but still that doesn't explain why I don't have this problem with the firestick, but only the tv. The 10 mbps it is me who puts it because the tv is too far from the modem. I have 300 mbps speed. I will try with the option of the subtitles unchecked

Edited by thegrunge

SamES
13 hours ago, thegrunge said:

@@SamES The servers are local and the content online, but still that doesn't explain why I don't have this problem with the firestick, but only the tv. The 10 mbps it is me who puts it because the tv is too far from the modem. I have 300 mbps speed. I will try with the option of the subtitles unchecked

Can you try removing the 10mbps limit as a test?.  If you have a 300mb connection then you shouldn't need such a low limit as this will force a lot of transcoding.  I'm not suite sure what you mean when you say that the TV is too far away from the modem?  Is this because it is a wireless connection over a long distance?  This might be the cause of your problem.

thegrunge

the problem is indeed to link to the wifi reception on the tv.  where it is the speed test indicates me a reception of 25 mbps.  if I want a stable reading I have to cut in 2. as an example a film which indicates consuming 10 mbps can consume in fact up to 20 mbps.  I'm still going to take the test just to see.  thanks!