No Sound on some movies when downloading

Kryppuk

Kryppuk

Title basically says it,

I'm trying to download a movie to my Ipad Pro 3rd gen. (iOS 13.5). If I play it online, it works, but as soon as I download it to my Ipad it doesnt have sound. This doesn't happen with the same movie on my Android Tablet when doing the same thing. Other movies have worked as intended on the Ipad.

The movie in question is in German, but also has English audio bundled (both 6-channel DTS). The movie uses .mkv format.

Any pointers to fix this? Unfortunately I don't have a huge database to test, but atm one movie works for download, the other doesn't. On the Android, or while playing online, both work.

Greetings

Hi, did you force downloading the original file? iOS does not support dts, so you need to allow the server to convert the audio as part of the download process.

Kryppuk

Hi,

you seem to have found the issue. However, my Emby is hosted on an Raspberry Pi.

Could you guide me towards the best settings to allow the conversion of audio if needed but otherwise keep conversion to a minimum? In the settings I set unlimited for max audio quality but I haven't forbid transcoding anywere in the settings as far as I see.

On a side note, would it be possible to support DTS? It seems like you are using your own player already.

In the quality I would just select original quality and then that should do it.

Yes dts is possible for the future. It's more am issue of licensing than anything else.

Kryppuk

Heyho,

thats exactly what I'm doing. Even though both audio quality and the quality you get prompted for when downloading are set to original, yet there is no sound. Playing "online" works though.

• 11 months later...
Kryppuk

Hey,

unfortunately I wasnt able to get conversion logs, however there wasnt yet another video in which the same issue appeared. Maybe it had to do with a specific DTS format.

Thanks for the feedback. Let us know if it happens again and then we can dig deeper into it.