chudak

Version 4.4.3.0 - bad streaming

Posted (edited)

Okay. I duplicated it last night because it's easy to do. @Luke, I have attached the logs from the start of the episode. The reason there are multiple logs is because when it freezes, it "restarts" from the beginning of the last chunk of transcoded material it was playing. So basically, it will rewind a couple seconds and then carry on forward until it happens again. It usually does this twice before it kicks it over to full Nvidia hardware transcoding. I can reproduce it 100% of the time with DTS 5.1. This is Direct Streaming, which is apparently supposed to be the easiest form of transcoding according to the info the server provides. 4.4.3 and 4.4.2 both do it, which makes me wonder if there were any changes to ffmpeg or anything like that. I have also tried transcoding on my SSD just for the sake of trying it, but not only has that never been an issue in the past, it didn't resolve it anyway.

If debug logs are needed from my Roku, let me know and I can do this again with that enabled.

edit - and the only solution so far that I have found is to disable throttling so that the entire file is transcoded all at once. At that time, anything will play through in its entirity.

23-50-11.txt 23-51-54.txt 23-51-54b.txt 23-51-54c.txt 23-52-02.txt

Edited by 10479

chudak

How can I turn on/off with DTS 5.1 ?  Or can I  ?

It's not a function of the client, but rather how the media was encoded. So you can see how it was encoded pretty easily just from the emby interface. If you go to an episode or movie and then scroll to the bottom, you will see a Media Info section. In that will be an Audio subsection and will look something like this -

Audio

TitleEnglish DTS 5.1 (Default)
LanguageEnglish
CodecDTS
ProfileDTS
Layout5.1
Channels6 ch
Bitrate1,536 kbps
Sample Rate48,000 Hz
DefaultYes

Or, for example, one that is not in DTS

Audio

TitleAAC stereo (Default)
CodecAAC
ProfileHE-AACv2
Layoutstereo
Channels2 ch
Bitrate192 kbps
Sample Rate48,000 Hz
DefaultYes

chudak

I looked thru my files and actually don't see files with   DTS 5.1

Okay. I might have to look into starting a new topic then. Just extremely coincidental I guess.