Version 4.4.3.0 - bad streaming

chudak
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Sorry, I edited my post. I meant to stay with ffmpeg-emby.

The ffdetect-emby is a separate command I have to run before emby starts for it to recognize my nvidia hardware now on later versions of emby.

also, @Luke, since I figured out the process to get older versions of emby working, I started again at 4.4.0 on my workstation (R9 3950x and RX 5700xt) and it experienced the same buffering on Roku with hardware (and software) transcoding with throttling enabled. This also is still only happening for me with DTS sources converting down to stereo. @chudak, were you ever able to confirm that this happened on DTS sources downmixing to stereo? I saw at one point that you thought that might be the case.

• 3 weeks later...

See the attached image. Following that link will provide you with a download link for the beta version. The version highlighted is for X64. If you are running ARM or something like that, then obviously choose that.

2020-08-08_16-44.png

chudak
11 minutes ago, 10479 said:

See the attached image. Following that link will provide you with a download link for the beta version. The version highlighted is for X64. If you are running ARM or something like that, then obviously choose that.

2020-08-08_16-44.png

Thx got it and installed will see if it helps !

chudak

@10479 I can't definitely say it "fixed" my streaming issues yet, just need more testing/time but ...

I do see reloads and transcoding working in this beta and also I can rewind playing movie, and before none of this actually worked 

So far so good !

@Luke It'd be interesting know what was the problem