How to identify these albums?

zBernie

zBernie

I have 7 Jeff Beck albums, and I just noticed Emby only has 2 listed under this artist.  So, I attempted to identify the Jeff Beck album named "Jeff" at Music Brains, and also The Audio DB websites, but could not find an ID that Emby seems to recognize.

Is there any way I can manually edit the metadata and have this album and the others listed correctly under the artist Jeff Beck?

-Thanks

d00zah

I have 7 Jeff Beck albums, and I just noticed Emby only has 2 listed under this artist.  So, I attempted to identify the Jeff Beck album named "Jeff" at Music Brains, and also The Audio DB websites, but could not find an ID that Emby seems to recognize.

Is there any way I can manually edit the metadata and have this album and the others listed correctly under the artist Jeff Beck?

-Thanks

Best way I've found is to tag w/ Picard, allowing Picard to automatically rename/move files into an Emby-friendly folder structure.

post-10374-0-24755300-1591361471_thumb.jpg

post-10374-0-34057900-1591361073_thumb.jpg

post-10374-0-74115600-1591361081_thumb.jpg

post-10374-0-50277400-1591361047_thumb.jpg

Here's an old post re: Picard usage notes:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/54520-music-album-artist-sorting-issue/page-2&do=findComment&comment=535881

Edited by d00zah

zBernie

Best way I've found is to tag w/ Picard, allowing Picard to automatically rename/move files into an Emby-friendly folder structure.

attachicon.gifMB (Small).jpg

attachicon.giffolder (Small).jpg

attachicon.giffolder.j5 (Small).jpg

attachicon.gifBeck (Small).jpg

Here's an old post re: Picard usage notes:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/54520-music-album-artist-sorting-issue/page-2&do=findComment&comment=535881

Musicbrainz Picard does not work for the albums Jeff, Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop, and others.  Musicbrainz does not have the necessary Album ID, Artist ID, and or Group ID.  The same holds true for TheAudioDB ID.  I've found I can just view "folders" instead of album artists, and then all of my Jeff Beck albums are together.

-Thanks

d00zah

The screen caps I provided are specifically for my Jeff Beck collection. All JB studio albums, processed by Picard, were identified/added to the Emby db automagically, without error. If it's not working for you, you're  doing something incorrectly.

post-10374-0-77869500-1591438580_thumb.jpg

post-10374-0-74100600-1591438118_thumb.jpg

post-10374-0-98022500-1591439757_thumb.jpg

post-10374-0-06362300-1591439765_thumb.jpg

I added 'Jeff'', et al,  yesterday, just to test.

Or are you saying that MB doesn't have specific release data for your copies?

Edited by d00zah

zBernie

The screen caps I provided are specifically for my Jeff Beck collection. All JB studio albums, processed by Picard, were identified/added to the Emby db automagically, without error. If it's not working for you, you're  doing something incorrectly.

attachicon.gifBeck.2 (Small).jpg

attachicon.gifBeck (Small).jpg (Small).jpg

attachicon.gifJeff (Small).jpg

attachicon.gifGuitar Shop (Small).jpg

I added 'Jeff'', et al,  yesterday, just to test.

Or are you saying that MB doesn't have specific release data for your copies?

Yes, if you look at the image below of the album Jeff in Musicbrainz Picard, you can see it doesn't have the "ID" fields that your screenshot shows.  I looked at the metadata in one of the .mp3 files, and it is the Japanese import version.  There are 4 listed at MB.  But when I try to manually identify the album using the ID's from the website, it fails to identify it as well.  This might be a bad example of an album to resolve identification issues.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkBZPuAQllxIhZdx2OikAltN-aHjbQ?e=aT2ueG

d00zah

There  are 4 versions available, as you note:

After scanning, do you right-click on the title (top, right-hand pane) to select a version?

If I select either of the Japanese versions, I see complete metadata.

Using the latest version of Picard? I needed to update just the other day because it was failing to identify anything. You may have a newer, older version?

post-10374-0-54972900-1591496688_thumb.jpg

post-10374-0-82025700-1591496697_thumb.jpg

Did you review the usage notes I linked to in my 1st response?

Edited by d00zah
  • Like 1

zBernie

There  are 4 versions available, as you note:

After scanning, do you right-click on the title (top, right-hand pane) to select a version?

If I select either of the Japanese versions, I see complete metadata.

Using the latest version of Picard? I needed to update just the other day because it was failing to identify anything. You may have a newer, older version?

attachicon.gifJap.1 (Small).jpg

attachicon.gifJap.2 (Small).jpg

Did you review the usage notes I linked to in my 1st response?

Wow, I FINALLY got Jeff identified correctly!  Even though I followed your instructions and I could see the metadata had the correct Musicbrainz ID's, It was not identified as the correct album.  I rescanned the library and refreshed the metadata to no avail.  Finally, I edited the metadata of the album in Emby, and entered the Musicbrainz ID's, and then it was parsed correctly. 

Thanks for you help with this!

d00zah

There should have been no need  to manually edit  anything. Once processed by Picard, I just drop new content in my library & Emby does the rest.

Try updating Picard.  Pretty certain, now, you are experiencing a partial data retrieval issue. Not quite as severe as what I saw before updating myself.