Having issues playing some videos from Firestick

iPenguin02

iPenguin02

Just recently I started having issues playing some videos from my firestick. Some videos do work, but other do not. When I hit play the time does not move, but its showing playing. And the screen is just black with no audio.

I can play the same videos on the android app no problem. They are both on the same wifi connection.

When looking at the dashboard while I attempt to play the video on the firestick it is showing direct play and the time is moving, but not moving on the firestick.

Firestick App version 1.7.92a

Update:

Log file attached.

I tried playing a different movie this time around and I get sound this time, just no picture.

Edited by iPenguin02

Hi.  Please cause this issue for just a few seconds and then follow the instructions in the above article to send a log from the app.

Thanks.

iPenguin02

Hi.  Please cause this issue for just a few seconds and then follow the instructions in the above article to send a log from the app.

Thanks.

I attached another log from the server. I also sent the fire stick logs at 3:16 pm (EST)

User: iPenguin

Movie: Naruto movie, mkv file.

It looks like the item you are playing has no video track.  Can we please see the media info for it from the web app detail page?

iPenguin02

It looks like the item you are playing has no video track.  Can we please see the media info for it from the web app detail page?

You talking about this? Also here is a screenshot of it playing from the web browser.

5ee11f3698958_20200610_105610.png5ee11f4837fc0_20200610_105645.png

When it gets to the Fire it looks like there is no video.  Is an ffmpeg log created when you play on the Fire?