Audio track name inside mkv

Odiozzo
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Odiozzo

Hello!

First of all, I'd like to thank you guys for a great work you're doing with Emby server! Thumbs-up! :)

I'm not 100% sure if this section is the right one for my post (it may be considered as a minor bug report as well, imho).

As I'm learning languages, I have in my collection movies with more than one audio track in them (like original track, different variants of dubbing, comments etc) and sometimes its really hard to tell which track to select, because Emby only displays some tech details and language in info field/track selection. And unfortunately it's not enough when you have multi-track files. Some pictures to illustrate this situation:

MKV tool shows this:

5ed93c2706223_mkv2.jpg

In Media Player Classic, when you go to audio track selection, track names are shown correctly

5ed9366eb4de0_player.jpg

But in Emby server only the tech part is actually visible, and the track name seems to be a compilation of codec, profile and language fields and not the actual track name stored in the name tag:

5ed938784ae2c_emby.jpg

Sometimes it could be really annoying (even enough to force me outta shadows, register on this forum and make this post   :ph34r: ) like in case of the file in example above, which have 8 audio tracks.  The question is: is it possible to make Emby show a liitle bit more info on audio tracks inside mkv containers or make it show content of the name tag as track title?

Best regards,

Denis

• Like 1

Hi.  This feature already exists.  Please explore the advanced tab of Library setup in the dashboard.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• Solution

No, it really doesn't.  All it does is relabel your subtitles incorrectly.

His specific request:

The question is: is it possible to make Emby show a liitle bit more info on audio tracks inside mkv containers or make it show content of the name tag as track title?

Does exist...

5edb8e9393669_audiotitles.png

• 2 weeks later...
robert powell
On 6/6/2020 at 8:40 AM, ebr said:

His specific request:

Does exist...

it exists in the web app, yes, but it does not exist The Roku app. i cant say if other app platforms have it or not. I would like for this to be available in the Roku app as i do not use my computer to watch movies.

5edb8e9393669_audiotitles.png

On 6/18/2020 at 8:39 AM, robert powell said:

it exists in the web app, yes, but it does not exist The Roku app.

Hi.  This same functionality is available in the Roku app as well.  Where specifically, are you having an issue?

RaptorCentauri

What you are looking for is on the server-side. Library -> Advanced -> Embedded Track Title Display -> Prefer Embedded Titles

• 1 month later...
aaronsomek
On 6/5/2020 at 5:55 AM, ebr said:

Hi.  This feature already exists.  Please explore the advanced tab of Library setup in the dashboard.

Thanks.

Thank you! I was pulling my hair out trying to sort this issue.